The Mentalist

Pilot

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Sep 23, 2008 on CBS

• Pleasantly surprised. I thought Patrick Jane was a great character, very interesting lead. Definate potential.

I was told about 'The Mentalist' by my sister and then saw it one day. Was happy to see it was the pilot, I was pleasantly surprised. These days crime dramas are everywhere and usually bore me to death because character development (cough cough Cold Case) seem to be a background thing. Here I instantly loved the lead Patrick Jane and actually enjoyed other characters too.

The show has a Dexter feel to it while throwing Psych in there too. I watch the former, not the latter. It had humour with Patrick's funny/witty comments. Loved when he thought the new girl should just say to going back to the hotel room. Plus the way he did things just flowed, I was never bored through the whole 40 odd minutes.

I like how he is connected with 'Red John' it did piece together well. It was just brilliant how he caught that doctor out...and the fake story about his little brother that was exactly the same as Johnny cash was great stuff. I'll be tuning in next week for sure.