The Mentalist

Red Badge

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Oct 08, 2009 on CBS

• I'm back on board...

Last year, at the beginning of the season, I would not have given "Lisbon" credit for having a soul or a personality. She has both in huge amounts, and all because Robin Tunney's got game! Wonderful job in this episode, and I'm thrilled to see other members of the cast begin to see the opportunity to show their chops. I had started to give up this season...

"Dr. Roy" was no "Sweets", but I did not see this coming until part way through his visit to Lisbon's apartment, despite knowing how Jane manipulates things! Good of the writers to refocus the viewer away from the obvious. "Sam Bosco"...he reminds me of "Director Vance" in NCIS: I don't know whether to hate/mistrust him or just go with him as a misunderstood guy in a white hat. But he and Lisbon??!! That's an eye-closer!

I do disagree with Lisbon's trance-induced assessment of Van Pelt: I think she'll do just fine, even AFTER she has slept with Rigsby! ;o}