The Mentalist

Red-Handed

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Nov 11, 2008 on CBS

• As usual, Jane works with the CBI to investigate the mystery of a cut hand lying on the road.

The episode starts with a bang, as usual, where Jane describes the likely owner of a sliced hand to his counterparts. The look on the face of his collegaues and cops when Jane examines the cut hand too closely 'is amazing'. The casino owner who is also the owner of the cut hand is missing and CBI-Jane combo go in search of him.

For the first time in the series, they show some good attributes of Jane after winning thousands of dollars in the casino. I like the scene wherein the girls return him the gift that he had bought while the guys didn't. The casino and cards scenes are great as well!

The mystery is kind of unravelled quickly at the end (it seemed to me). The culprit agrees directly of killing the casino owner, which is unlike this series. The other angle of mafia was never even explored even though it was mentioned few times. All in all, this expisode was great to watch and I felt that it was over too soon. The one hour just flies when I watch Mentalist.

The promo of the next episode loooks tooooo great. I cant wait to see it.