The Mentalist

Red Hot

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Nov 04, 2010 on CBS

• One of my favourite Mentalist episodes.

This has got to be one of my favourite Mentalist episodes. You get to see a different side to Lisbon (she seemed to be upset when she thought that Mashburn might be the killer).
    It was obvious that Bejorin's wife was hiding something, but not so far that her husband was still alive.
    Walter Mashburn is my favourite guest star so far. As much as I like the idea of a Mashburn/Lisbon union, I think the Jane/Mashburn relationship is much better and has much more potential.
    Walter is filthy rich and is constantly looking for ways to get thrills (even the idea of being a murder suspect made him excited)and Jane's uncoventional detective work is just the ticket.
    I, for one, hope that this is not the last we see of Mashburn.
  • This close to perfect!

The first thing I thought of when I saw "Bajoran" industries was Star Trek...especially the tie in to helicopters...not exactly a star ship, but hey, it was fun.

And even knowing Bajoran's wife was guilty of something in the plot I did not expect him to be alive at the end of it all. So, nice twist there.

Nope, Walter Mashburn (how can you take that name seriously even if he is a filthy rich guy?!) was the highlight of the show...once again. The on again, off again suspect that you know can't really be guilty because he's just so...you know...SO...!

And his gratuitous flirting with Lisbon was priceless; almost as priceless as her succumbing to his less than subtle charms. No matter. In the end it is Lisbon in the driver's seat, and for her, I hope he was worth the ride! ;o}

For the viewing audience, I hope it's not the last we see of Walter Mashburn!