One of the things that makes "The Mentalist" such a joy to watch is the relationship and smouldering chemistry between Jane and Lisbon and right from the get-go of this episode that relationship was back in full force. Another thing that makes this show stand out among all the other crime dramas on television these days is its light-hearted sense of humour and there certaintly wasn't a shortage of hilarious moments this time around including:
* When the team is in the car following the killer and Rigsby is singing along to the iPod. The looks on the faces of everyone else is quite hilarious!
* The scene between Jane and Lisbon where their fighting over the TV! It reminds me of when my brother and I would fight over the remote.
* Lisbon constantly worrying about when Jane will finally get his revenge on her.
* In the first scene when the police officer tells Jane, "You can't park there" and cleverly replies, "Sure I can, look."
* After Jane tricks that guy into thinking he slipped a dead mouse into his pocket and Lisbon just looks at Gale Bertram and says, "He had a rough summer."
* And the final scene where Jane and Lisbon bicker over whether or not she can tell when he's lying.
Overall, "Red Sky at Night" is a great addition to the series and a very good season premiere.