The Mentalist

Red Velvet Cupcakes

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Apr 21, 2013 on CBS

7.9
  • Romantic episode for Grace and Rigsby

Romantic episode for Grace and Rigsby when they go undercover on a radio station show segment, The Love Doctor. Not only to they help solve the murder, they also solve their relationship problems. Plenty of humor and sneakiness from Jane.
  • funny episode

Jane was nice to watch as always. I really liked the Rigsby and Van Pelt storyline and I liked how Grace took "a step forward" in the end.
  • A Rigsby and Van Pelt episode.

As we are getting closer to the finale I am getting more excited by the week This episode revolved around Van Pelt and Rigsby as they go undercover as a couple with relationship problems and it proves to be ideal for both of them in their real life problems I was surprised that the team was able to get Jane out of his room and stop him from working on the Red John case but there is always time for that in the finale.
  • Red Velvet Cupcakes

It is difficult for this show to include Van Pelt in scenes when Amanda Righetti is clearly pregnant (or was recently and is trying to fully recover) and that was never more clear when she was in a car with Wayne and they could only have him chase down a fleeing suspect. Still, she managed to do a solid job in the scenes with Rigsby, and them finally admitting their love in a physical way once again.

The case was alright, although it took a weird turn with the foot fetish. Even John O'Hurley could only do so much with that role.

Overall though, a pretty decent episode.