The Mentalist

Sunday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 23, 2008 Between Seasons

hanpuusi

The Mentalist Fan Reviews page 2 of 9

• How can someone so brilliant be so stupid?

I enjoyed the episode -- right up until the time they drove up to the sister's cabin. Then, rapid fire mistakes.

First, calling out to warn the sister. Stupid. Much better to keep Hibacher in the car, silenced. Then, sneak in front and back.

Second, bringing the brother in unbound. Stupid.

Third, how could you not see the warning by van Pelt? And even w/o the warning how could you let your guard down, knowing the sister is there, somewhere. Stupid.

They had this thing planned in advance. They could have brought an extra gun. Cuffs. Duct tape to gag him. Maybe even tear gas cannisters, though that one might have been hard to get on such short notice. Once they were at the cabin, they could have put him in the trunk.

And, prior to that, Grace made plenty of mistakes. When she saw the cold, she could have probably made a blanket out of the mattress, to take with her.

And, how stupid is that to be calling out when you know you've been kidnapped. And, how could she not suspect that a car driving in the middle of nowhere would likely be her abuctor.

Those stupid, rookie mistakes just about ruined a perfectly good episode.
  • The Mentalist this Season is Drifting -

The Mentalist used to be my FAVORITE show. I like all the characters, the casting, and the plots.

The problem now is that the show is drifting. There are several implied 'Promises' from the writers that are being kept.

Mainly, over the years, they hinted at a romance brewing between Lisbon and Jane. Its ok if that happens, or if they try and it fails but by not addressing it, the show becomes inconsistent. And FAR less interesting.

Secondly, Cho is supposed to manage the team, I thought? But he does not seem like a manager at all. its not being handled well.

Next, this is the FBI and in theory they would have important cases, and probably multiple cases they are working on - that could be done by the writers in many ways. Instead, each week, some random person is killed and Jane does his wizardry... the model is broken. its needs more complexity. Jane is not really challenged, either. The most recent show is slightly more interesting but overall they need multiple, concurrent cases and more complexity overall.

Its possible that the writers or main producer have been with it so long they can't see it clearly now. They are locked into the Red John plotline and have nothing creative to say beyond that?

Basically, what I am saying is that the show is UNECESSARILY drifting - the writers can do a better job. The problem is not the lack of Red John; its the lack of consistency and lack of creativity.

Have you seen a new show, it had a short first season and is renewed, called The Bridge? Now that is gritty, well-defined, consistent... its a very good show. There is so much more that could be done with The Mentalist.

Kevin

• when are we getting rid of Grace Van Pelt?

Pls get rid of her and save the mentalist!!!
  • Time to stop...

Now the Red John stuff has finished it's time to bid goodbye to The Mentalist. The murders are little more than 'Murder She Wrote' fodder and the actors are just going through the motions.

Treading water until the inevitable cancellation. Time to end it before it's too much of an embarrassment.
  • SAVE THE MENTALIST!!!

This is indeed the best tv show that is out there at the moment! I really can't imagine my life without it, really i have been watching the mentalist for years now and there is nothing that can replace most original tv show ever, best acting i've seen the Jane is the most entertaining guy that i've ever seen, we can't loose the mentalist!!!
  • Most clever decision in your whole life - SAVE THE MENTALIST

TM is a series which is on a way higher level than other serious. It is so unique that even a bad remake will not appear within the next decade! It is a modern style, humourous, displaying amazing actors series with a huuuge fanbase! Please do not disappoint us. It is series whihc we look forward to every week, even though it has a bad time slot!

That is the most we can do - say our opinion - and WE want The Mentalist to be renewed!
  • Save The Mentalist

This is one of the best shows on television. It's in a bad time slot. I have to record it since I have to get up early and go to work on Monday mornings.
  • This series cannot die

It will be extremely wrong to deny viewers of this series another season or Four, it is so well appreciated by the fanbase, and very entertaining to watch, please do not let it disappear.
  • Lets get some reviews here

Hey can we get some reviews here for the menatlist please?

• The world will be a better place with 1 more season

maybe two. Okey someone has to explain to CBS that tv will never be the same without "Jane" and his intelligence. His craftiness, intellect, observation tricks, mind games, and elaborate traps make this show irrepplaceable. It boosts people's IQ! :) Something will always be missing without it...
  • #saveoneshow

Please go to eonline and vote for the mentalist! It's down to beauty and the best and the mentalist. The mentalist needs another season.
  • MENTALIST SUNDAYS ARE BACK

we almost made it through the hiatus!!! Now we have to make it through the PIKE thing and pray for a 7th season...
  • Want more

I love this show. I want all the fans to come back and get used to the FBI. I really love the dialogue between Jane and Lisbon. It makes watching it fun and interesting. I also like it when they give Cho more lines, which they are starting to do. i wouldn't mind for Rigsby and Van Pelt to come back but they probably aren't. I know for sure that they will be in more episodes before the season is over. And no, i seriously doubt they would kill them off, Bruno Heller isn't that cruel.

I can tell this show will only going to get better. I was so sick of RJ and now i'm ready to see what life has in store for Jane now that chapter is closed in his life.
  • i miss interesting cases and The original team

i'm very dissapoint lately, i like red jhon story, its was ok to finish that storyline,. i love also to see the original cast, solving crimes in each episode,, with or without RJ, but the new characters ,the hight profile crimes that Pj is with the FBI are boring. Wish the original team get together again solving crimes, i really enjoed the police cases, there were very interesting .... and do for me
  • Best binge watching ever

Im up to season three and loving this show. So great to see wit in a sleuthing show!
  • go jisbon!!!!!

is it normal that i still desperately hope for Jisbon ?
  • Next episode 6x13

Next episode will air on the 9th of March

How should I even SURVIVE!?
  • Next episode

Does anyone know when the next episode is airing?
  • Best Show On TV Including The Premium Cable Network Shows

I was a bit skeptical at first, as to how the show was going to flow after Jane finished off Red John.

But the three new episodes did not disappoint. The show still has it's magical mix of drama, wit, cunning and charm.

I believe the new principal characters fit perfectly and will develop more and more as the show goes on. Patrick Jane, Teresa Lisbon and Cho's interaction with them and each other is priceless
  • Loving it

I just absolutely love this show!! Hope it never ends!
  • his is going to catch her !!

I guess in upcoming episodes, Jane well cooperate with FBI to catch "Erica Flynn", so what do u think?

• Awesome

I just love this show
  • Very disappointed

Sorry to see the way they are going with the show. Never actually explained the mall shooting episode in the next season opener, now they are coping another shows concept. "White Collar" has been using this concept of having the character work with the FBI or be put back in prison for rest of his sentence for last 4 years. Sorry to see show go this way.
  • Surprising twist

I enjoyed 6x09 more than I expected. Good writing right there. Just when everything seemed to be over, they changed everything in a horrifying yet incredibly entertaining way. This show managed to leave my jaw dropped once again :)
  • Better and better

Look like a big change in script coming? Jane working for FBI and Lisbon his assistant ?
  • Still a great show

The identity of Red John was really disappointing. Sheriff McAllister diid not fit the character. The old, unattractive, small town sheriff being the charismatic, powerful serial killer who could get hundreds, if not thousands, of men and women to follow him and kill on his behalf is laughable. Ray Heffner or Walter Mashburn (anyone remember the attractive millionaire?) would have have been more fitting candidates. But the Red John saga must come to an end. There cannot be another Red John. Jane has already killed two Red Johns (shot one, strangled one). If he kills another one (perhaps butcher him with a knife), Jane becomes a serial killer. "Criminal Minds" would profile him as a sadistic psychopath with no remorse, and we'll see another "Dexter" emerging. We cannot have that. The reason millions of others and I watch this show is because we love Jane. He's charismatic, smart, funny, kind (remember all his casino winnings he donated to charity?) and totally likable. So, let's forget the bad decisions made by Chis Long and Bruno Heller (Simon Baker made it up with his stellar acting when he strangled Red John) and move on with the show. On the whole this is a great show and I want to see many more seasons of it.

• Disappointing end to it

The much wanted episode - not so exciting!
  • Red John Petition

If you are unhappy with the outcome of 5 years of the mentalist sign the petition. 254/419/054/we-want-to-see-the-real-red-john-episode/
  • Finally

I am so glad Jayne finally caught red john it was just dragging on. I loved the way Jayne killed him dying by Jaynes hand. What's up with Vanpelt and Rigsby? I know they are leaving the show but I though on a good note please do not write them out with a divorce or separation. Overall still my favourite show!
  • Episode reflections...

I wanted him to kill Red John, so I'm glad they let him do it his way--those kinds of worthless, inbred scum don't deserve a 'fair trial' no matter what the law says, and I'm very happy that Jane was the one to personally send it to hell. Nice touch on the strangulation, too, by the way, because anybody can simply shoot the bad guy--I love that they allowed Jane to do it the personal way, so the garbage he killed could see his face when it died, and that let it know that IT was the one that lost 'the importantly, it then knew, with its dying breath, that Jane had indeed 'won'. I like it when the evil heathens loose, but love it when they are forced to KNOW that they lost before they die. And at least the writers allowed us to see it fear for its life. Everyone knows the most brutal killers are usually total cowards, and always beg for mercy before doing the world a favor and dying themselves, so it was great to see Red John fear for its life. Great casting, by the way, with Xander Berkley--I love this actor, and hated seeing him play the evil thing we all wanted dead, but he's such a good actor, he played Red John's arrogance, ego, and cowardice perfectly!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9