The Mentalist

CBS (ended 2015)

hanpuusi

The Mentalist Fan Reviews (301)

• Pretty Good

I've always liked this show. It's changed a lot as it progress through its life on TV. But I think that overall, it is a pretty good show to watch. The main character is quite interesting to watch. The whole angle of being a mentalist is pretty cool. We get characters who also help support the show in various ways. It's fun to watch it as it goes along. It might not have done everything you would have wanted it to do, but I still think that it was pretty good in the end.
  • NEED THE SEASON 8

I dont know is it just me, am i crazy or what but somethin is wrooong heree!

Season 7 was good but the ... i'm not completely satisfied.

Remember Kristina Frye?? What about her?? And that scene when Jane was killing Mcallister, he whispered about some psychic, how he needed to tell him about, and then Jane interrupted!! I was certain that this about red john was not over, because the story about psychic Kristina had no ending, so clearly Mcallister was talking about her, i mean i dont know!!

I need closure! Through the seasons every detail was cleared except this one! :(((
  • How did CBI personnel become FBI personnel

I must have missed some Mentalist Episodes. How did CBI personnel become FBI personnel? What episode did that occur in?
  • for you hell-er

Hi BRUNO . I have an idea for a new crime drama serie.

a serial killer who is murdering 5 people in different places simultaneously. you can make 100 seasons of it and because this is you who is writing one day ( after your pockets gone full) , you can say he was a magician and you don't want to explain anything else and then turn it in to a ..... soap opera. and then pay a bunch of internet whores to sent happy thoughts on it and pay media for liking it

I look for to it.
  • Much better this season

I had gotten quite tired of this show the last couple of seasons and basically watched enough to know how Red John ended and what happened next. That's it.

It's fun again. The Mentalist used to be a fun show despite the subject matter and Red John. A long the way it forgot that. And these days, most shows survive off the characters and characterization, not by plot. Plot wears out very quickly when it the characters are ignored. Things are hanging together better now and the plot doesn't seem to rely on them being stupid any more.

So I like it much better. However, I do think it's time to end, while being on a better note than they would have if it had ended last year.
  • Don't let this show end

This is the best crime show you or any of the other networks have. Why is it going off the air? Is that because only bad shows survive?
  • happening here people??

Great episode, good acting, true out the whole season 7. but i am shocked the killed Vega. I mean I really see no reason???!!!

I dont like this bit at all.
  • Red John Returns?

Three episodes to go. The Red John closure was so lame that I have wondered it the show would go out in a bang and Red John would resurface.

Basically Patrick had not killed Red John, rather one of his minion. Then the show could explore other story-lines while Red John lay low.

Now that the show is coming to closure we can have the 'reveal' of the real Red John with resolution in the grand finale.

Now that would be a way for The Mentalist to go out on top.

• Jane now written as just a selfish SOB.

Jane makes himself a hostage so Lisbon won't go into the house. Says he couldn't face it to lose his love again. And if he'd died it wouldn't have hurt him. Selfish jerk. It would have hurt her! She'd have had to live with the fact that he got killed so she wouldn't. It was bad enough when they did the cheap thing and put these two together. Now they are destroying the integrity of the guy we liked. Good thing it's going off the air.
  • KILLED OFF TONIGHT

Feb. 4th, 2015: tonight on the Mentalist they killed off an actress who I had hoped would replace Tunney - Theresa think her name is is always pouting and gloomy and is a terrible actress; there is absolutely no chemistry between her and Patrick They should ease Teresa Lisbon out of the show and bring in someone who can act and who has a personality!!! The show is getting boring!
  • Still loving it

While a lot have changed in the chemistry of the show, no more arch-nemesis of Jane and several main characters has been replaced in the new office. I still really nejoy watching this show. then again, the list of shows I love is tremendously long :) Things has changed, but it's still The Mentalist.
  • the mentalist sucks!!!!!

I used to love watching the show. But honestly now its boring its not the same they ended the redjohn storyline too quickly. I don't know but the whole show started with red john and Jane and should end with redjohn and jane. I mean the show is fine but redjohn was the reason I would wait a whole week just to watch the show waiting to see what jane would do...
  • A great criminal show needs great villain

Yes, a great show needs a great villain, and a greater good guy. Once the great villain was Red John, and the greater good guy was Patrick Jane. Now everything is a big mediocre BS.
  • WHAT HAPPENED?! Where is the story?!

My. Favourite. Show.

WHAT Happened?!

Season 7 looks like a waste of air. I don't recognize 'The Mentalist'. UNBELIEVABLE.

There is no story left. No twist. No mind-games or puzzles. All is gone. As if everybody, who created the chemistry of the show, left, leaving it an orphan. I am so very sad.

Even now, using sudden thoughts, I could see so many possible twists to the current season of show that could've been created.

Why don't make it over somebody else, than Patrick? He solved his life case, now let's see how he can help somebody else? Or a cause? Solve a conspiracy that's been all over about his life before Red John?

Or: Abbot, for instance. What if he is a global conspirator, who wants to take down FBI and kill everybody with Patrick's hands?

Or: Vega. She might be Lorelei's sister, and now it's her vendetta to make Patrick fall in love with her, kill Lisbon and make his life miserable.

Or.. I don't know - Patrick, Cho & Lisbon get a tape with Rixby & Vanpelt crying for help, right after which those two disappear and it's Patrick's quest to find them and take them home for good. Team reunion, fireworks, show finale. Is that too much to ask?! ANYTHING!!! A storyline!

After watching Kerry Washington in her series, this show is becoming a joke in comparison. Why do you bury it's legacy?! It used to be one of the best!!!

Wake up, writers!! You have already wasted 5 episodes of the show! Come on!!! =\ Ugh.
  • This show is only getting worse by the episode S07E05

I watched this show religiously, waiting for the eventual and inevitable snuffing of Red John. But every episode following that season's conclusion has only gotten worse and worse. Season 7 has become laughable? I just watched episode 5 and that might be the worst one yet? I can watch no more. No more suspense. No more drama. Just Jane loves Lisbon and fools the bad guy yet again. Not since Dexter has a show gone so bad, so fast. Rest in Peace Red John, as you didn't have to watch what has become of this once great show.
  • This show is so boring now!

1.5
    I used to love this show! It used to be quirky and fun. Now we are somehow supposed to believe that they all work for the FBI, Cho is totally flatlined, and Lisbon and Jane lost their chemistry. WHAT HAPPENED? Why did they change it so much? What made this show was the characters. I can't even watch it anymore.
  • Galveston mountains and international airport

Yes, I really like the show, but they need to work on their geography a lot. Big mountains in Galveston and near Corpus. They also showed Galveston having an international airport with a Southwest airplane landing. They are also able to travel very quickly all over Texas. Maybe they did the same thing in California, but I live in Houston so not sure.
  • Black Market Episode

I love this show but if they say there in Galveston Tx I shouldn't see big mountains in the background. I'm from Galveston and was excited when they mentioned it but it didn't come close to resembling Galveston.
  • Outside shots wrong for Texas

5.5
    Since the change to Austin, Tx the outside shots are all wrong. The go from Austin to San Antonio, to Galveston in just a few minutes. Also, the gulf coast (Galveston) doesn't have any mountains.

I basically like the show, but they need to film on location.
  • The Magic is gone (Final Season Bites)

Up until he final season, even though some of the subject mater was dark, the character of Patrick Jane brought a delightful twist of humor to almost every episode.

The writing in the final season is dull and boring. They should have ended it last season before all the good writers left town.

I will enjoy watching some of the older episodes over and over. The characterization of Patrick Jane is truly a delightful experience. I seriously doubt the final season will find its way into my personal collection. Not even when the unimaginative writers have abbot turning out to be one of Red John's disciples and murdering Jane or Lisbon or both in the final episode.

Seriously how could Abbot not be a Red John disciple. What other reason would an FBI agent have for tracking down Patrick in Mexico, the whole "we need your expertise" explanation is nonsense. Abbot recruited Jane so he could get inside his personal life and repeat the very scenario that started this series. Lisbon gets pregnant with Jane's child and Red John Strikes from the grave (Abbot) to kill them. In the meantime the writer I admired most caught the last train for the coast.....
  • This show was awesome.. change is a good thing

Seriously, I saw the jane and lisbon thing coming from a mile away. The fact that it surprises people, surprises me.. Seriously in the very first season there's various times patrick has insinuated that he had strong feelings for lisbon, and they've been dancing around that idea every season, so you people need to open your eyes, it was going to happen.. As for the Red John thing, it was great while it lasted, however you can't sit there and pretend that was the only reason to watch the show... IT was freaking hilarious, the reoccurring characters , my favorite being Laroche and Brett stiles were awesome, the chemistry of the cast was great.. And i honestly don't know what all of these supposed "fans" of the show were doing when the previous episodes aired that didn't focus around Red John .. Because i still loved it...
  • you lost a huge fan

I'd love the old crew, and the old shows. The new crew are not good at show don't even look like the "mentalist" anymore. I used to be a huge fan, but unfortunately that has change!! Simon will always stay my number one actor, but really I understand why they're at their last season. The show sucks do they have to turn the story around? It doesn't seem to turn around Jane anymore, but around all

Of the new crew, which I'll say it again, I hate!! This is a shame!!
  • Mental Swan Song

The show is back for it's last season, hopefully a season that will remind us of the good, old Mentalist seasons we loved!
  • awwwwwwwww

how great to have the show back :)

lets hope maybe another station will pick it up for next season...

btw, whose idea was it to get jane to shave??????? he looks too clean cut and shave :/
  • Nothing But Blue Skies

Enjoyed the episode very much - Glad to see The Mentalist back even if it is for a short time

• CBS pulls a Siffy

The badly named "SyFy" channel is notorious for cancelling their shows just when they get good (and popular). Now CBS is pulling a trick from their bag.

The Mentalist reboot after the death of RJ has been a breath of fresh air in a series that was getting stale. The light humor is back, like it was in the first few seasons. I thought last years finale was one of the best eps ever.

CBS, reconsider!
  • Ironically, RJ's Death Killed The Mentalist!

For those of you whining about the end of The Mentalist, you have only yourselves to blame. Your constant bitching about RJ finally got to the writers, who allowed themselves to be pressured into a sloppy premature wrapup to the RJ storyline, leaving behind a rudderless show. RJ anchored Jane and gave the show depth and weight. Once that was eliminated, the show became adrift, and ratings tanked worse than ever before.

Shame on Heller for caving to all the anti-RJ nonsense, and completely screwing over all the loyal viewers who were following all the specific clues laid out over a period of 5 years, only to see them evaporate into a cloud of absolute meaninglessness.

Goodbye to Jane and the CBI. You're all a mere shadow of what you once were. No more smileys on the wall, and certainly not on the faces of the viewers.
  • All shows since Red Johns demise

I quit watching after Red Johns boring death . Seriously , this man tortured people and he dies by a pathetic choking !!!
  • not a fan anymore

the script new cast and FBI stories are boring, i also miss the original cast. Even PJ looks patethic
  • a bad copy of castle and white collar

used to be great, my favorite show and my favorite cast. No need of RJ, but i don't like the new storyline and the new cast. Miss the original one. I miss the CBI