The Mentalist

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 23, 2008 In Season

hanpuusi

The Mentalist Fan Reviews (292)

• Still loving it

While a lot have changed in the chemistry of the show, no more arch-nemesis of Jane and several main characters has been replaced in the new office. I still really nejoy watching this show. then again, the list of shows I love is tremendously long :) Things has changed, but it's still The Mentalist.
  • the mentalist sucks!!!!!

I used to love watching the show. But honestly now its boring its not the same they ended the redjohn storyline too quickly. I don't know but the whole show started with red john and Jane and should end with redjohn and jane. I mean the show is fine but redjohn was the reason I would wait a whole week just to watch the show waiting to see what jane would do...
  • A great criminal show needs great villain

Yes, a great show needs a great villain, and a greater good guy. Once the great villain was Red John, and the greater good guy was Patrick Jane. Now everything is a big mediocre BS.
  • WHAT HAPPENED?! Where is the story?!

My. Favourite. Show.

WHAT Happened?!

Season 7 looks like a waste of air. I don't recognize 'The Mentalist'. UNBELIEVABLE.

There is no story left. No twist. No mind-games or puzzles. All is gone. As if everybody, who created the chemistry of the show, left, leaving it an orphan. I am so very sad.

Even now, using sudden thoughts, I could see so many possible twists to the current season of show that could've been created.

Why don't make it over somebody else, than Patrick? He solved his life case, now let's see how he can help somebody else? Or a cause? Solve a conspiracy that's been all over about his life before Red John?

Or: Abbot, for instance. What if he is a global conspirator, who wants to take down FBI and kill everybody with Patrick's hands?

Or: Vega. She might be Lorelei's sister, and now it's her vendetta to make Patrick fall in love with her, kill Lisbon and make his life miserable.

Or.. I don't know - Patrick, Cho & Lisbon get a tape with Rixby & Vanpelt crying for help, right after which those two disappear and it's Patrick's quest to find them and take them home for good. Team reunion, fireworks, show finale. Is that too much to ask?! ANYTHING!!! A storyline!

After watching Kerry Washington in her series, this show is becoming a joke in comparison. Why do you bury it's legacy?! It used to be one of the best!!!

Wake up, writers!! You have already wasted 5 episodes of the show! Come on!!! =\ Ugh.
  • This show is only getting worse by the episode S07E05

I watched this show religiously, waiting for the eventual and inevitable snuffing of Red John. But every episode following that season's conclusion has only gotten worse and worse. Season 7 has become laughable? I just watched episode 5 and that might be the worst one yet? I can watch no more. No more suspense. No more drama. Just Jane loves Lisbon and fools the bad guy yet again. Not since Dexter has a show gone so bad, so fast. Rest in Peace Red John, as you didn't have to watch what has become of this once great show.
  • This show is so boring now!

1.5
    I used to love this show! It used to be quirky and fun. Now we are somehow supposed to believe that they all work for the FBI, Cho is totally flatlined, and Lisbon and Jane lost their chemistry. WHAT HAPPENED? Why did they change it so much? What made this show was the characters. I can't even watch it anymore.
  • Galveston mountains and international airport

Yes, I really like the show, but they need to work on their geography a lot. Big mountains in Galveston and near Corpus. They also showed Galveston having an international airport with a Southwest airplane landing. They are also able to travel very quickly all over Texas. Maybe they did the same thing in California, but I live in Houston so not sure.
  • Black Market Episode

I love this show but if they say there in Galveston Tx I shouldn't see big mountains in the background. I'm from Galveston and was excited when they mentioned it but it didn't come close to resembling Galveston.
  • Outside shots wrong for Texas

5.5
    Since the change to Austin, Tx the outside shots are all wrong. The go from Austin to San Antonio, to Galveston in just a few minutes. Also, the gulf coast (Galveston) doesn't have any mountains.

I basically like the show, but they need to film on location.
  • The Magic is gone (Final Season Bites)

Up until he final season, even though some of the subject mater was dark, the character of Patrick Jane brought a delightful twist of humor to almost every episode.

The writing in the final season is dull and boring. They should have ended it last season before all the good writers left town.

I will enjoy watching some of the older episodes over and over. The characterization of Patrick Jane is truly a delightful experience. I seriously doubt the final season will find its way into my personal collection. Not even when the unimaginative writers have abbot turning out to be one of Red John's disciples and murdering Jane or Lisbon or both in the final episode.

Seriously how could Abbot not be a Red John disciple. What other reason would an FBI agent have for tracking down Patrick in Mexico, the whole "we need your expertise" explanation is nonsense. Abbot recruited Jane so he could get inside his personal life and repeat the very scenario that started this series. Lisbon gets pregnant with Jane's child and Red John Strikes from the grave (Abbot) to kill them. In the meantime the writer I admired most caught the last train for the coast.....
  • This show was awesome.. change is a good thing

Seriously, I saw the jane and lisbon thing coming from a mile away. The fact that it surprises people, surprises me.. Seriously in the very first season there's various times patrick has insinuated that he had strong feelings for lisbon, and they've been dancing around that idea every season, so you people need to open your eyes, it was going to happen.. As for the Red John thing, it was great while it lasted, however you can't sit there and pretend that was the only reason to watch the show... IT was freaking hilarious, the reoccurring characters , my favorite being Laroche and Brett stiles were awesome, the chemistry of the cast was great.. And i honestly don't know what all of these supposed "fans" of the show were doing when the previous episodes aired that didn't focus around Red John .. Because i still loved it...
  • you lost a huge fan

I'd love the old crew, and the old shows. The new crew are not good at show don't even look like the "mentalist" anymore. I used to be a huge fan, but unfortunately that has change!! Simon will always stay my number one actor, but really I understand why they're at their last season. The show sucks do they have to turn the story around? It doesn't seem to turn around Jane anymore, but around all

Of the new crew, which I'll say it again, I hate!! This is a shame!!
  • Mental Swan Song

The show is back for it's last season, hopefully a season that will remind us of the good, old Mentalist seasons we loved!
  • awwwwwwwww

how great to have the show back :)

lets hope maybe another station will pick it up for next season...

btw, whose idea was it to get jane to shave??????? he looks too clean cut and shave :/
  • Nothing But Blue Skies

Enjoyed the episode very much - Glad to see The Mentalist back even if it is for a short time

• CBS pulls a Siffy

The badly named "SyFy" channel is notorious for cancelling their shows just when they get good (and popular). Now CBS is pulling a trick from their bag.

The Mentalist reboot after the death of RJ has been a breath of fresh air in a series that was getting stale. The light humor is back, like it was in the first few seasons. I thought last years finale was one of the best eps ever.

CBS, reconsider!
  • Ironically, RJ's Death Killed The Mentalist!

For those of you whining about the end of The Mentalist, you have only yourselves to blame. Your constant bitching about RJ finally got to the writers, who allowed themselves to be pressured into a sloppy premature wrapup to the RJ storyline, leaving behind a rudderless show. RJ anchored Jane and gave the show depth and weight. Once that was eliminated, the show became adrift, and ratings tanked worse than ever before.

Shame on Heller for caving to all the anti-RJ nonsense, and completely screwing over all the loyal viewers who were following all the specific clues laid out over a period of 5 years, only to see them evaporate into a cloud of absolute meaninglessness.

Goodbye to Jane and the CBI. You're all a mere shadow of what you once were. No more smileys on the wall, and certainly not on the faces of the viewers.
  • All shows since Red Johns demise

I quit watching after Red Johns boring death . Seriously , this man tortured people and he dies by a pathetic choking !!!
  • not a fan anymore

the script new cast and FBI stories are boring, i also miss the original cast. Even PJ looks patethic
  • a bad copy of castle and white collar

used to be great, my favorite show and my favorite cast. No need of RJ, but i don't like the new storyline and the new cast. Miss the original one. I miss the CBI
  • Mental

I like this show because most of the time you can't even tell who did it, or how they did it and then when Patrick Jane explains it at the end, it all makes sense! All the episodes are interesting and they are all different. I like how there was 1 link for most of the episodes which was Red John, but they still had other cases as well. I really think this show deserves a few more seasons. As for Lisbon and Jane- why not.
  • Criminal

It would be criminal to even think of cancelling such a fantastic show. We dont need Red John anymore, I think they have done a great job without him. But, just maybe the writers could come up with some heinous mastermind that starts the new series and continues in part right through to the end of the series when they catch the criminal mastermind. Either way, I'll still be watching it. Thank you to all who take part in the making of The Menatlist.
  • The Mentalist

Come on---thinking of canceling The Mentalist ! With all of the crap that's on, what with the "naked" shows, the wanna be stars, so called reality shows "they" would seriously consider canceling a show that actually entertains. How could any show survive with football as a lead on ? Even trying to record it was a chore, not knowing when it starts or ends
  • Help!

How do you watch The Mentalist, please help ;(
  • WHY!!

I love this show. But even though the first 8 episodes was some of the most exciting in tv history i wish they would use a little more time on red john. Theyve spent 5 seasons taking it insaly and then in only 8 episodes they really rushed to get him out of the show. I too thought that red john would be a little more difficult to get. But yeah. Lisbon and Jane?! Really! Terrible! I could see jane with Kim after the whole mexico thing. And she seemed interested. I should've seen it coming with all the comments on "have they ever been a thing, romantic and whatnot" I think it ruined it a bit. And they didnt go into the list of tiger people at all. Dissapointed. Its like Dexter and Debra. Not good
  • The creator ruined the show

I love this show!Havn't seen any in season new episodes look so horrible!Because it dosn't take place in takes place in a diffrent they don't work for the CBI anymore,they now work for the is diffrent people on there new and Rigsby are usaully never still is a consaulted,for the and Lizben work in diffrent is diffrent people on their new are going back early next still over did it way to much on their new to many shows,they do it so is so much diffrent then the other why the creator is and idiot,and there is something horribly wrong with or she still,ruined the show,because they over did it way to the still shouldn't have the privealge,to own the runing the show i hope creator,Bruno Heller a horible they don't desverve the whole FBI,thing is a major ruined the whole was why it was on the bubble for so could easyly go they didn't at the end of were lucky it didn't get that they ruined,the show and did not change it,yet and it still got are so so would they do it?If you agree with me thank write in Creator Bruno Heller,should gave it a one for the episodes with the FBI,thing.
  • Love this episode

I don't really like how it ends with Red john coz i thought red john would be someone who is more powerful and smarter.

It is a pity that Risby n Van pelt left the team. But the whole new FBI team seems to work out great; especially Abbot, love this guy.

As for the ep22, so touching i cried when Jane said I love you to Lisbon. Finally can see Jane n Lisbon being together after all theses years. They are perfect match. I mean ya, maybe Lisbon is not as clever as Jane, however, they are a good fit being together. They have something special between them n I dont really think there is any other woman suits Jane. Just love this two so much.

I just wanna say, this is the best TV series ever. I'm so in love with it n waiting for the Season 7. Hopefully there will be season 8,9,10 LOL!

MOREOVER, just let you guys know that the Mentalist has a lot of fans in China as well. And they want keeping this show going.
  • WRONG WRONG WRONG

I'm with Cho. Lisbon and Jane are like brother and sister -- mother and child, even. It's absolutely awful to make them into a romantic couple. I don't even know if I can even keep watching, it's so awful, so WRONG WRONG WRONG. It's like watching incest. Yuck. Cho always knows where it's at. His take on it is my only hope that the writers are going to have them find out it's a mistake -- as it always is when people try to turn a friendship into a love affair. Oh, lord. I can't believe the majority of fans want this. I'm here to say that I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT!!! And who wants a Jane who behaves "like a normal person?" His whole character is at stake here, along with all the humor and pleasure of the show, which all emanates from his non-normalcy. The way I see it, Jane has "implanted" on Lisbon, like a baby duckling brought up by humans will think a human is its mother. Lisbon "took care of" Jane and was absolutely there for him no matter what he did in the years when he was so grief-stricken. But now look at the way he turned into a complete child in his declaration of love. He's a man, an uncompromisingly strong man, who against the most powerful authorities of the state, dedicated 8 years of his life and was willing to spend the rest of it in prison for the sake of avenging his wife and child's murder. And now he's this wide-eyed little baby wanting to kiss mommy on the lips. Gawd, it's just awful to me. Please make it not happen, please, please, please. Thank you, Flatto and patrishdehler, for agreeing with me -- in essence if perhaps not in detail.

Hoping for a Season 7 that gets us back on track. This has been by far my favorite show for all 6 years, but a Lisbon/Jane mating would absolutely ruin it for me. Mistake, writers, mistake.

... I'm coming back to say that I thought it was time for the RJ theme to end, that I thought it was ended to perfection, and that my enjoyment of the show is not in any way lessened by the loss of that theme. So, whoever is in charge, WE WANT JANE SEASON 7!!!
  • Jane & Lisbon Together Makes Sense

Jane & Lisbon getting together is a natural progression of their relationship. No one would go along with Jane's various schemes for so many years, giving him so much leeway to bend the rules and law strictly out of friendship.

The whole confession of love was well done and their chemistry was great IMO.
  • End of series love

I like the cast on the show, Especially Simon Baker!! the love of Lisbon & Jane was unexpected, as I thought the pair worked well together, with Jane winding Lisbon up & cracking cases just by observation & intuition!!

I hope there's another series later in the year, now the two are together & solving more FBI cases..............