The Mentalist

The Crimson Ticket

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Sep 30, 2012 on CBS

7.8
  • Too predictable

Both, the case and Lorelei were just way too predictable. And the show and Jane both got too depressing. If the main character is about nothing else than Red John anymore, and all about Red John is just the same old every season, it starts to get really boring. Because the character doesn't care about anything else anymore and so do I in watching him.

Jane was always in it for Red John, but if this gets so deep, that it feels like a waste of time for him to solve any other case - and all about Red John feels just like a rerun of what we saw already in the past - there is no satisfaction anymore. Either Jane should start to care more about other things than Red John again, or the Red John case needs to advance a lot more. As with this episode, it felt like if I had seen the exact same already before and the actual case just felt like a waste of time for Jane and for me.

Even worse, the actual case was just keeping him from doing the important things. So I cared even less. He knew what was coming and so did probably every fan of the show.

I still like the show but this was a disappointing season opening for me.
CBS