The Mentalist

The Crimson Ticket

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Sep 30, 2012 on CBS

7.8
  • You drive me nuts!

A fine comment from Lisbon, as Jane continues his quest for vengeance and drives her crazy in the process.

This is the USA series I've been most looking forward to for months and it didn't disappoint.

OK, the case was a throwaway gesture in the cause of Jane v Red John/Lorelei but still interesting enough to generate additional nuances.

My only concern, given the furore the "Love you" comment has raised, is that a rift might develop between Jane & Lisbon as she has been his rock throughout the series, no matter what shenanegans he's thrown at her.

If Jane can't give Lisbon his complete trust, then I see no way forward for the two of them.

Lisbon played the "green eyed monster" perfectly after listening to Janes interview with Lorelei and "the kiss", of course drove her over the edge somewhat to shout at Rigsby and Cho. Loved Van Pelt's "I could strangle someone" comment.

Some of the episode descended into farce, the street fight and the bottle throwing come to mind but nonetheless very funny for it.

Sadly, the hunt for Red John has been such a central concept for the show that I can't see where it would go if Jane ever actually caught him, so it has to continue for the foreseeable future.

Other than the ridiculous ease that Lorelei managed to escape gaol, I don't understand why so many of the previous reviewers have downgraded this episode, as I found it hugely ineteresting and fun to watch.

Can't wait for next weeks episode and I hope the Sunday night showtime doesn't get screwed up by sports.

P.S. for the reviewer who quoted Blake as "tiger, tiger", it's actually "Tyger, Tyger".