The Mentalist

There Will Be Blood

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Mar 10, 2013 on CBS

• There Will Be Blood

A solid episode here. While I am disappointed that this is the end of Lorelei, a recurring character who added a lot to The Mentalist, it just furthers one of the best mysteries on TV, and that is finding out who Red John is.

Solid show.
  • HATS OFF!!! TUNNEY.

I profoundly believe that an actor's degree of excellence is not measured by his performance at the utmost scenes in the acts but by how he manages to express the emotions at the most subtle moments. After watching 5x16 I strongly feel that Robin Tunney has evolved herself to that level of excellence. She has the ability to captivate even the tiniest details in her acting that most actors just override. It's amazing to see her grow as an actor with every episode of the mentalist. HATS OFF!!!
  • Oh no... poor Lorelei... poor Jane

I spent the whole episode confused about how it was possible to be rooting for a murderer.. but I wanted so badly for Lorelei to find out that it was Red John who killed her sister.... and then when she did find out... but she went back on her deal I.. just... ugh. I knew that she was probably going to die, but I wish she hadn't. If only she could have disappeared off into the sunset for at least a few more episodes. I was so upset for poor Jane - and she was his only lead!! I'm suspicious of the Homeland Security guy, but now I'm not totally confident in Bertrum either. I don't think it would be so obvious as to actually BE the Homeland Security guy - maybe he'll turn out to be totally innocent of any Red John affiliation, but he sure is iffy. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be any of the team members. I don't think I could take it.
  • Great episode!!

Another great episode!! I'm getting more and more convinced that it's either Bertram or Kirkland, that's Red John.

Ano one who keeps on whining that it takes to long to find Red John should remember that it's what the show is about, without it, it's just another cop show.

My only wish is that he would confide into Lisbon a bit more, I bet she's willing to do anything for him, but he keeps pushing het away, it's sad really (and dit I detect a hint of jealousy when she questioned his feelings for Lorelei?)

Anyway, I can't wait for the next episode and the one after that and the one after that...
  • Did we see Red John??

Great episode, we get to see Jane more vulnerable as he has to deal with the fact that Red John is possibly closer to him that he realises. My money is on the guy from Homeland Security. Very sad to see Lorelei die though, loved her character. However given Red John's history, it was always in the cards for her.
  • Trust issues?

While I do agree, to a certain extent, that the whole Red John thing has dragged on interminably we should remember that it is central to the concept of the show.

Given that there are vague rumblings that the show won't actually get another series, I think they will need to significanly push the storyline forward, either to reach a conclusion, or to provide a viable reason to have another years run.

My view on this particuar episode is that;

1) I'm sorry to see the end of Lorelei. She was a breath of fresh air that woke Jane up a bit.

2) I was astonished at how she was so cool about torture and cold blooded murder.

3) Jane was a bit hypocritical when he said "she had it coming" as he intends to do much the same to RJ when he gets him.

4) Increasingly irritated at the apparent rift building between Jane and Lisbon. She is his best advocate and he still will NOT give her his complete trust. His comment that he would do anything to get RJ must make her believe that he would even go through her to get to him. Not good!

I've followed The Mentalist since episode 1 and still look forward to it every week but like others, I believe some resolution is deperately needed to let the show progress.
  • Too much of the same

5 seasons already and we still don't know anything about Red John? This was a good episode but we're getting more and more of the same. It's a shame that Lorelei got killed but, as Jane said, she had it coming. It would have been great that after she found out the truth about her sister, the CBI (or Jane) would have trailed her somehow to Red John (or at least close enough for us to see something new). As a fan of the show since the beginning, I think it's time for the writers to get us closer to Red John because, as many tv shows, it gets really boring when the story seems to go nowhere new. I think they're stuck.
  • HO HUM

1.5
    I have been a fan of the show since the start, but this red john soap opera has become boring and Red John case has dragged on far too long and I am reaching the point of complete disinterest.
  • Lorelei finds the truth about Red John.

I have been waiting for this episode all week with the return of Lorelei who looks for the truth about Red John This episode had me on the edge of my seat when Lorelei finds Red John's friend from the shelter and then Jane gets him to confess that Red John killed Miranda When Lorelei heard that I thought you have to tell Jane who Red John is but Lorelei was stupid and used Jane to try and kill Red John which proves to be a big mistake and all the build up to Lorelei telling Jane who Red John is has gone and so has Red Johns friend There is only one more approach Jane can take and that is the clue that Lorelei never intended to tell him which was that Jane has met Red John It's the advantage Jane has and Red John has no idea Jane knows that.
TNT