Merv Griffin hospitalized

AprilFox

[1]Jul 20, 2007
    • level: 109

Keep up the good fight, Mr. Griffin. God Bless and you're in our prayers.

Jul 19, 2007 07:02 AM Associated Press

LOS ANGELES - Merv Griffin is in hospital with a recurrence of prostate cancer, a spokeswoman said Wednesday.

He was being treated at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center for cancer discovered during a routine examination a few weeks ago, said Marcia Newberger, spokeswoman for The Griffin Group/Merv Griffin Entertainment.

"I'd rather play Jeopardy! than live it," the 82-year-old game show impresario and former talk show host said in a statement.

"I was ready for a vacation; however, this wasn't the destination I had in mind."

Griffin's son, Tony, said his father was resting comfortably and ``his sense of humour and optimistic outlook remain intact."

"He's getting great care and his medical team want to monitor his progress in a controlled setting," Tony Griffin said in a statement.

Newberger declined to give additional details.

Griffin, a former band singer, invented and produced the popular game shows Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune.

Merv Griffin Show 1970's

Merv Griffin Show Ad 1967

Merv and Nancy 2007

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tvking1

[2]Aug 12, 2007
    • level: 42
    The Fox News Channel has just announced that Merv Griffin has died. He was a great entertainer, and mogul as well, and he had class. He is remembered in my prayers.

AprilFox

[3]Aug 12, 2007
    • level: 109

Very saddened by his passing. My condolensces to his family and friends. What a marvelous man with so much charisma and talent. This legend will truly be missed. Thanks for Jeopardy!, Wheel of Fortune and your wonderful talk show Merv. RIP.

.............................................................................

Edited on 08/12/2007 2:26pm