The Middle Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on ABCBetween Seasons

So underrated...

alirk

[1]Mar 1, 2011
    • level: 22

So, in my opinion "The Middle" is one of the most underrated shows on TV right now. It is such a funny, smartly-written & well-acted show. I love it! Yet, I see almost no promotion of it. Wake up ABC! What do you all think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TMFMM2022AD

[2]Mar 18, 2011
    • level: 60

Oh yeah I get a lot out of the episodes i have seen!Cool

tvownsLEXIE

[3]Apr 9, 2011
    • level: 21
    I completely agree! I love this show and think the cast is brilliant, but hardly any of my friends have ever heard of it. That's jsut ridiculous! Modern Family gets all the credit, and I honestly don't think that show is very funny. That's why it bothers me SO MUCH everytime Modern Family is being introduced as "ABC's Best Comedy" or "TV's Best Comedy" because that is HIGHLY debatable and a kick in the face to all the other comedies on the network!

I absolutely love the Middle, I just wish ABC would advertise it once in a while!

haldrey

[4]Apr 14, 2011
    • level: 22
    I agree with all. Out there almost nobody knows of the show, it is never advertised. Looks as if ABC is airing it out of a compromise to someone.

Jaykeson

[5]Apr 16, 2011
    • level: 14

Exactly! (And I agree with everything you said tvownsLEXIE). I have been a huge and loyal fan of this terrific show ever since it first started, but I have had to convince people - YES convince them - to watch it. Some people told me "well the show does not get advertised very much, so it must not be very good" - but after hearing my testimony and viewing it for themselves - most of them were actually thanking me for turning them onto it. I am simply amazed at the lack of advertising this great show gets - it almost feels like a crime to me. Thank goodness in Australia the Nine Network now airs it regularly (on two [out of their 3] channels - "Nine" and "GO"). Maybe people are starting to wake up to it. Thank goodness it will be returning with a 3rd season. I really hope people wake up to this show before it is too late, it would be heart-breaking if this show was canceled so soon. It deserves (at the very least) a 4th season as well.

Edited on 04/16/2011 4:35pm

nhcool_007

[6]Apr 29, 2011
    • level: 8
    This show just started in India.
    And I'm absolutely in love with it.
    I downloaded the second season as well.
    I'm so glad they've renewed it for a third season.
    I started watching this because of Neil Flynn. I used to love him in Scrubs I hope it continues. Even I prefer this to Modern Family. Anyday.

Canogaparkcindy

[7]May 1, 2011
    • level: 49
    tvownsLEXIE wrote:
    I completely agree! I love this show and think the cast is brilliant, but hardly any of my friends have ever heard of it. That's jsut ridiculous! Modern Family gets all the credit, and I honestly don't think that show is very funny. That's why it bothers me SO MUCH everytime Modern Family is being introduced as "ABC's Best Comedy" or "TV's Best Comedy" because that is HIGHLY debatable and a kick in the face to all the other comedies on the network!

I absolutely love the Middle, I just wish ABC would advertise it once in a while!
    I agree, The Middle is way better than Modern Family. Modern Family is far from the best comedy.

maxandcali

[8]Dec 11, 2011
    • level: 5

I agree. "The Middle' is one of the greatest most awesome shows. And while I think it gets some advertising, they still don't give it as much as they should. It also deserves more recognition than they give to it currently.

I think part of it has to do with cbs, because cbs trashes the other networks and spreads false gossip and tabloid about them. There may also be a large amounts of viewers out there that are too obsessed with cbs. I'm not saying they should not watch cbs at all, but they just may not give much of a decent enough stabs with the other networks, if they did, they could even surpsise themselves finding some, a few, or even at least one show they like on one of the other networks. They also really should give "The Middle" more of a chance as well.

While "The Middle" is still doing pretty well, we need to try and get more viewers into it, increase the viewership. I also love "Modern Family" as well, but I will agree that it also has many of it's moments where there are some things that could have been better if done differently, and it's moments where they get carried away. I could probably think up a list of some things that they should consider in order to improve up more and make plots and story lines a little better.

abc really needs to improve in giving "The Middle" more advertising, and better more compassionate and significant recognition that it deserves.

Jasmine_

[9]Dec 21, 2011
    • level: 9

tvownsLEXIE wrote:
    I completely agree! I love this show and think the cast is brilliant, but hardly any of my friends have ever heard of it. That's jsut ridiculous! Modern Family gets all the credit, and I honestly don't think that show is very funny. That's why it bothers me SO MUCH everytime Modern Family is being introduced as "ABC's Best Comedy" or "TV's Best Comedy" because that is HIGHLY debatable and a kick in the face to all the other comedies on the network! I absolutely love the Middle, I just wish ABC would advertise it once in a while!

Agreed, I always thought The Middle was too underrated... and it's really sad how Modern Family is forced down our throats as the best comedy ever... I mean, I do like MF, but I think there are way more funnier shows out there. As someone up there said before, I'd pick The Middle instead of MF anyday. u.u

Edited on 12/21/2011 8:54am

Crazy-for-TV

[10]Dec 21, 2011
    • level: 4

I totally agree. "The Middle" is completely underrated. Keep in mind, though, that without all that glitz and praise, the show is able to remain humble, and churn out great scripts. Sometimes, when shows become BIG sensations, the show turns to mush. I don't think that would ever happen, but it's just nice to be a fan of a show that not everyone is obsessed with. I can watch every episode over and over and over again! Too awesome!

neo979

[11]Jan 12, 2012
    • level: 6
    Jasmine_ wrote:

Agreed, I always thought The Middle was too underrated... and it's really sad how Modern Family is forced down our throats as the best comedy ever... I mean, I do like MF, but I think there are way more funnier shows out there. As someone up there said before, I'd pick The Middle instead of MF anyday. u.u

I love both shows, but there's no need to insult Modern Family. ABC isn't "forcing it down our throats" by calling Modern Family the best comedy, they are simply referencing the fact that it has won the best comedy Emmy for two years in a row.

drudager

[12]Jan 14, 2012
    • level: 13
    alirk wrote:

So, in my opinion "The Middle" is one of the most underrated shows on TV right now. It is such a funny, smartly-written & well-acted show. I love it! Yet, I see almost no promotion of it. Wake up ABC! What do you all think?

Eh........... I wouldn't say it's smartly written, but it overwhelmingly average just like the Heck family. It neither challenges nor insults, and that's where it serves its purpose. Tho once Axel goes away to college, this show will be in trouble. Enjoy it now.

dmf2323

[13]Feb 2, 2012
    • level: 1

I agree wake up abc, and promote the show its a great show

Jasmine_

[14]Feb 21, 2012
    • level: 9

neo979 wrote:
    Jasmine_ wrote:

I love both shows, but there's no need to insult Modern Family. ABC isn't "forcing it down our throats" by calling Modern Family the best comedy, they are simply referencing the fact that it has won the best comedy Emmy for two years in a row.

I've never insulted Modern Family. Try reading again, dear. I even said I DO LIKE IT in first place. ¬¬

And I've never mentioned ABC either. I wasn't talking about ABC. I was talking about the all the awards MF keep winning and all attention it's getting when there are so many other great series out there. This just shows how overrated it is. A great show, but kinda overrated.

Edited on 02/21/2012 6:23pm
    Edited 2 total times.

BarryDalton

[15]Apr 27, 2012
    • level: 7
    I couldn't agree more. The Middle is awesome. In another era, I think it would have been one of the top shows on TV.

maxandcali

[16]Jun 21, 2012
    • level: 5

I think "The Middle" should have many years to come under it's belt.

I think they should have up to at least 10 seasons, or even 11 perhaps. If I fully calculate it out correctly, it would have to go up to an eleventh season for the series to see Brick in his senior year of high school, and the last few episodes could consist of Brick's high school graduation, possibly Axel getting married, and Sue maybe getting engaged, they could even have Axel and his wife have their first kid, how wild would that be? I know we probaby should not jump too far ahead right now, but those are some ideas to throw in the open. Also, in the end of the last season, they should put on a well-developed, greatly done finalie that would also leave an idea of where all their characters go from there.

Shows like "Fraiser" and "Friends" were able to get away with going for ten or eleven seasons, though in my opinion, I don't think it works too well for them. I really think they went a little past their runs, and probaby should have wpapped up after no futher than a season 8 or season 9 tops, but beyond that is too past their runs.

I do think it can work really well with family shows like "The Middle". So yeah, I think it would be great for them to have a good long run up to ten or eleven seasons.

skbrettbug

[17]Aug 16, 2013
    • level: 19

Extremely underrated! It is one of the best sitcoms I have ever seen

andrekus

[18]Jul 19, 2014
    • level: 3

I started watching re-runs of The Middle about a year ago by accident and have beecome a huge fan of it. I really liked Patricia Heaton on Everybody Loves Raymond but didn't even know she was on this show until I saw it. It's annoying when good shows like this don't get the praise they deserve but there's nothing you can do about that. Just enjoy it and hope the stupid TV executives don't cancel it.