The Middle Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on ABCIn Season

Will "The Middle: The Complete Third Season" be released on DVD this f

Crazy-for-TV

[1]Jun 20, 2012
    • level: 4

I was wondering if anyone has any news regarding an upcoming release of the latest season of The Middle on DVD... For the past two releases, pre-orders were available before the respective seasons finished airing on ABC. However, there isn't one for the third season, which has me concerned. Warner Bros. has already announced the majority of their sitcoms that are coming out in the fall, including "The Big Bang Theory," "2 Broke Girls," etc., with even "Suburgatory" added to the mix. But, there has to be a release, right? The series will be in syndication in 2013 on ABC Family and the fourth season will air this year, so why not release it? I can't imagine poor sales. Heck, they haven't even given the show the proper treatment with Blu-ray releases, but I'll settle for the DVDs right now. *Fingers crossed that an announcement is forthcoming!*

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

taz765

[2]Jul 25, 2012
    • level: 22
    I was recently informed by the people at Warner Brothers that they have no plans to release Season 3 on DVD at this time. I think all The Middle fans need to get in touch with them and tell them what a stupid decision that is.

Wezzo2005

[3]Aug 1, 2012
    • level: 13
    taz765, oh wow, that's really annoying, I've been waiting for an announcement for months. Which e-mail address/contact page did you use to e-mail them? I'd like to let them know I want a release.

Crazy-for-TV

[4]Aug 2, 2012

taz765, I too have contacted Warner Bros.; however, I received a different message than you. I was simply told that newer TV series are released within a few months of their new season premieres on network television, a fact we all know too well. This response gave me hope that maybe we would see a release come mid-October, with an announcement here in August, but now your message indicates to me that that will probably not happen. It's such a shame! I don't know what to believe... I've seen reviews of the other two seasons from various marketplaces, with many fans claiming that they would not purchase them unless they were released on Blu-ray. So, maybe sales weren't as great as Warner Bros. anticipated??? Regardless, I think the WB has made a terrible decision. Okay, so now Modern Family - S3, Suburgatory - S1, and Happy Endings - S2 will be setting on store shelves without The Middle. I realize these series are released by various companies, but I think sales would be better if S3 of The Middle were there too, because the whole Wednesday ABC line-up (minus Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) would be available. Perhaps this would then entice non-fans of The Middle to pick it or check up prior to the debut of S4. Just some ideas...

taz765

[5]Aug 20, 2012
    • level: 22
    If they have no plans to release it to retail stores hopefully they will release it as part of their Warner Archive line on their website.

Jaykeson

[7]Dec 6, 2012
    • level: 14

It still has not been released on DVD (or any news of a future release).

This is an outrage! 'The Middle' is the best (and my favorite) show on TV at the moment. What is going on? I wanted this for Christmas. However, I guess that the Grinch really did steal my present this year. [This was the only show that I wanted on DVD as well.]

Also, why (after all this time), has 'The Middle' still got such a low reputation. Most people who have seen (or finally got around to watching) this show like it, so I can't understand why it is STILL barely ever spoken about. What is going on? I just don't understand...

Crazy-for-TV

[8]Dec 13, 2012
    I just can't imagine that sells were that low. Plus, the series will be moving into syndication next year on ABC Family and local affiliates. Wouldn't the WB want to seize the opportunity of its increasing popularity and release the series on DVD? I am beyond outraged. And, no offense to "Suburgatory" fans, but I can't believe that series was released on DVD this fall, and not "The Middle." Ugh.

NikiMattson

[9]Jan 24, 2013
    • level: 11
    It's a shame that it hasn't come out on DVD, I have the other two seasons and the third would be great, and the fourth season has been incredible, it would be nice to have that next fall.winter.
    At least it is still available for streaming on Amazon and itunes, which probably costs less than if you were to buy the DVDs

Crazy-for-TV

[10]Feb 26, 2013
    Attention "The Middle" fans:

I have continued to inquire about a release of the third season of the series. Imagine my surprise when surfing the web and finding a pre-order listing on Wal-Mart.com the other day! It currently shows a release date of July 23, 2013! I reported the news to tvshowsondvd.com, and they have since received confirmation that a release is coming; however, the release date is not definitive. I encourage everyone to pre-order/purchase this season as soon as it becomes available, as I would love to see the fourth season released soon after, possibly even this fall! Show your support for this excellent series! It truly deserves to be released in its entirety!

Jaykeson

[11]Feb 27, 2013
    • level: 14

Also, when I tried to buy "The Middle - Season 2" on DVD last year (I was late to get it), I had a really tough time trying to find it in store.

(I tried 4 Walmarts and a Target). They had all the usual other shows like "Modern Family" in stock, but not The Middle. I should have just bought the DVD online like everyone does these days.

Anyway, yes, I did get the news from TV Shows On DVD that Season 3 WILL be available later this year (but that there is no given date at the moment). Maybe they are trying to build up more interest first?

barn76

[12]Jun 29, 2013
    • level: 1

Hey All,

I'm a massive fan of The Middle from the UK and I've been trying to buy the 3rd Season for ages as its the funniest thing on tv EVER... I keep searching for it and tonight AmazonUK has it listed on pre order for release on 8th October! This is the UK date so I'm assuming the US has an earlier date? Any help would be very grateful as I have watched Season 1 & 2 over and over and I've loved Season 4 on tv and I've heard Season 5 has the go ahead so a DVD of season 3 would be amazing! For years I've been a major fan of Roseanne and The Middle is the first tv show that I've felt has the "feel" of Roseanne as its a laugh out loud show that takes normal life experience's and shows that comedy is in the details! Hope it does come out !

TesserT

[13]Oct 17, 2013
    • level: 78
    Season 3 DVD was released in the USA on October 8, 2013. You can find it on Amazon and in the usual box stores.

skbrettbug

[14]Oct 21, 2013
    • level: 19
    Really? Sweet. Although I probably won't care to watch it