The Middle

Wednesday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Sep 30, 2009 In Season

TesserT

The Middle Fan Reviews (63)

• Great Show

I love the show, especially the little kid. He is a great actor...
  • What's up with the sound?

Love the show, but the way they mic the actors drives me nuts. The sound is too compressed and unnatural. Whenever there is a pause between lines, there is a very annoying rumbling sound like a fan or an air conditioner.
  • Mother's work habits

I love this show and all the characters except the mother. While Mike brags about always being on time and never missing work, the mother is always late, leaves early, sneaks out in the middle of the day, and worst of all, routinely steals office supplies. This is, in general, such a wonderful family show that I hate to see her providing children with such a terrible role model as a working mom. Each child is wonderfully unique in their own way and a joy to watch and Mike excels as the strong, supportive husband.
  • A very outstanding show

I swear, "The Middle" is so funny. I love the show, but sometimes the characters are so annoying.
  • way better then "Modern Family"

Why wasn't the award for best comedy drama or whatever given to them rather than the dummer than dum "Modern Family

I love everything about The Middle, too many to mention but I'll try, the acting by each one of those actors, the writing, . attitudes, realistic, down to earth views on kids, some successes, some failures, all dealt with love and caring. Sweet actors, able to make exaggerated situations funny and somewhat are they, I miss the show.
  • Dissapointed

I would like to be able to watch this funny show in my home. But the characters take the Lord's name in vain so much that I find it too offensive to watch with my kids.
  • Lovely

This show is so silly stupid, but in a very good way. just love it. especially the slapstick-ish parts of sue (sue). laughed my a* off.
  • The most relatable show ever

This show is just a hilarious and realistic depiction of a modern day, type B, dysfunctional family. All the characters are so funny, I love how Frankie acts like she has busy work when she doesn't want to admit that she doesn't do much for her family. The way Mike is careless and just agrees with Frankie on everything. I love how Axl is considered stupid but he is the voice of reason and has moments of wisdom. Sue is just so hilarious for her positive attitude about everything (even though her acting is a little cheesy) and Brick is just so funny the way he can't be social and always has his nose in a book. Like this one where Brick had his birthday party at a library LOL.
  • Love the Middle the best show ever

The best, The best show ever. Every single one of the actors and actress are the best in their roles. I can't even find a word to express my appreciation for all the artist, writers and creators of this lovely show. Love every single of them. I would like to know what channel shows the episodes besides channel 5.
  • Best show on TV.

I love it. Great casting. Very well written. All the characters play off each other very well. Great supporting cast as well. You will laugh and be entertained. What more can you ask for?
  • A Less Modern, Modern Family

I love this show! Its my favorite one, along with Modern Family. I think the 2 shows are a little less modern than them though :) I always watch this with my dad! We love it!
  • team Heck....

I laugh every time.
  • The Middle Makes and Impact on The Canfield Family

Our family cannot watch any other television program together. It seems others are just inappropriate for all ages. We enjoy seeing each character contribute. We have laughed and contnue to laugh.
  • Top Shows - Dysfunctional families: reality, reminds of Malcolm

Most ep, havent seen recent ep much (09-14)
  • "Not Very Jesusy!

1.5
    I was watching "the Middle" tonight, and I heard the line: " not very Jesusy".

As a Catholic Cristian", I am upset!

The writers must learn to "Keep the Customer Happy", or lose Audience, and their Jobs!
  • It's a very cute show! (Whispers below face) Very cute show!

I'm not into current prime time tv shows like I was back a long time ago. This summer while waiting for America's Got Talent to be on, I was introduced to The Middle. An Indiana family who are funny. Gotta like the mom who takes care of the kids & hold down a job at the used car lot. Girls would think Axl's a hottie for sportin the underwear in his house. Sure Axl plays the guitar, but I wish he could sing once. The last time that happened on broadcast tv (outside talent reality series) is a tie between Malcolm in The Middle & Complete Savages (both 2005).

But the best character I like is Brick. Has the same haircut as Dewey on Malcolm In The Middle. Plus he likes to whisper below his chest (or as I call it, the secret word whisper)! If the family were playing "Password", Brick would probably say, "The Password is.. ".
  • The Last Episode

I don't appreciate the disrespect showed on the last episode for JESUS and the way Frankie acted in church. My husband and I WILL NOT be watching this show ever again! This was totally uncalled for. JESUS died for our sins and HE is my LORD and SAVIOR and HE is NOT to be MOCKED. Read in your BIBLE: ROMANS 14:11
  • Hilarious!

This show is great! Even though it's from the mom's point of view and it talks about how annoying the kids can be, I can still easily relate to it (I'm 13)! The jokes are so true to life, and the characters are really funny, especially Brick! It's nice to see a sitcom that makes home life look more real as opposed to peachy-keen and wonderful like some shows.
  • Magnificient!

There are really good sitcoms out there; like BBT;HIMYM, ROE, Hope etc; as mentioned below; The Middle is a gem; I am in my early 30's and I love this show. What really touched me is there is no skin business and the show is pretty much clean. Other shows have got immse exrtra marital affairs, kissing, skin show to sell and make them attractive. But THE MIDDLE stands out of that. The best character, difficult, but Frankie is brilliant; Mike very natural, BRIC is outstanding; Axel & Sue they are immensely talented. Thanks to the team to bring this wonderful show. Please keep this show going.
  • Not Bad

As a parent of grown children, I find this amusing.
  • This show makes Wednesdays the best day of the week!

I just love this character in this show is so good I can,t decide which one I like better,I cannot wait to the new episodes start this september
  • Relatable, Quirky, and Plain Well Written. The Middle is a refreshingly funny TV Series

Over the past 5 years or so, there have been many unfunny sitcoms. But for every few turds out there, there remains a gem. The Middle is that gem. The way I look at it, it's if Malcolm in The Middle and King of The Hill merged in a way. But the Middle has likable characters like Frankie, the mother. Mike, the dad. Axl, the oldest son. Sue, the daughter. And Brick, the youngest son. All of them get into awkward situations, and relatable or not they can all be pretty funny. But nonetheless, it may not be a screwball show or anything but it's still a funny in-depth look at dysfunctional middle america. And with out a doubt, it's one of my favorite shows on TV.
  • super funny

love the show, soooo refreshing
  • BY FAR THE BEST SHOW ON TV !!!!!!!!!!!!!

My family and I thoroughly enjoy watching "The Middle". It is a highlight of our busy week to sit down together and share a few laughs watching the Heck Family. We can all relate to many of the characters and they help us to laugh at our own quirks, insecurities and obsessions. They are down to earth and they all have something special to offer. We hope that Axl commutes to college so that he can still be part of the show.

Kudos to the writers and actors and actresses as they hit the nail on the head week after week. We have all episodes on DVD and DVR and watch them several times over for a quick pick me up!

Best wishes for a long run and keep up the great week - your viewers truly appreciate your efforts!
  • Never miss an episode, it's too funny!

Love the characters, love the show. My TV is set to tune the show in automatically every Wednesday. So Wednesday's line up is perfect; starting with the Middle. When the rest of the airways are clogged with "reality" it's great to have The Middle to thoroughly enjoy.
  • Funny, funny!

This show is so funny!!! All of the characters have their unique quirks that makes them likeable, memorable, funny and it just works greatly for the show. I hope it gets a long run.
  • Nice Family Show

What a nice family show I can still watch with the wife and kids. Makes me laugh every episode. Thanks ABC.
  • Amazing!!!

Probably the best family tv show in recent times.

Makes u wanna go live with heck family so badly. Seemingly normal family with everyday issues shown in a beautiful way. Kudos to the show writers.

Recent episode S04E19 was the best of the whole lot.
  • I'm Still Beating My Fist On The Floor...

from laughing that is!. Great show. Excellent characters. Terrific acting. Clean and damn FUNNY. I only wish it was on twice a week or an hour show. But then I also loved Malcolm In The Middle and Freeks & Geeks. :)
  • Soooooooo funny!!!!

This show is freakin' hilarious!
< 1 2 3