The Middle

Wednesday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Sep 30, 2009 Between Seasons

TesserT

The Middle Fan Reviews (77)

• Love it

I have binge watched this show and i love it! Just one thing keep Frankie likable, Do not overdue it with the screaming, nagging etc. I wille definitely tune in next season! let go to collage Sue Heck! Make it an other year of Sue!
  • Funny show but...

I find the Middle funny but i cant take the Mom and her bad attitude ,screaming and nagging she is such a b---h, but still lets the kids walk all over and disrespect her. She created the monsters. I cant stand Brick. He is not funny or cute in anyway. If I had a child like him he would be in a special school. far away from home. Id like to smack him with a book. I want to break his finger off when he sticks it up for his parents to wait for him to finish reading something. He is to way over the top. Poor Sue gets nothing from her parents. I love Eden Shers portrayal of the picked on sister. I hope they start dressing her better for college. Not like a old lady crossed with a first grader like they do now. Charlie McDermott and Neil Flynn are hilarious. Send Brick to Military school, since the show is so much like Malcom in the Middle. I would not miss that character at all. I just wish they would turn Frankie into a less annoying character
  • Best Show On ABC

The Middle is a really great show. I enjoy watching it on Wednesdays. It is funny, and it's not really one of those shows that are a very bad influence. It is pretty funny, and just overall good!
  • The Middle is at the Top!

Great family comedy! Always meaningful with a plethora of important messages, hilarious and heartwarming. I just finished watching the 2015 finale and was brought to tears by Sue's classmates' AMAZING graduation tributes after having a good laugh over Axl's living room "clubbing" antics. Fabulous writing and acting by ALL, but I really have to give special kudos to Patricia Heaton and since I am older than her, I can ask this question,"where DOES she get the energy?" She really is a comedic genius. So glad you will all be back in the fall!
  • Funny show!

There is something addictive about The Middle! The characters grow on you, I watched all 6 seasons in just a few weeks. Now I'm waiting for the next one! It's a shame it doesn't seem to be very well known, it should be.
  • LOVE IT--EXCEPT...

For the character of Frankie. Really? What a rotten character. Lies, steals, cheats, whines, yells--can't wait to let everybody know AGAIN how dissatisfied she is. Ok, yeah it's a comedy, but this character's behavior isn't funny at all; not the least bit nurturing or endearing--intentional on the writers' behalf? If we were to talk reality, how would a lying, stealing, cheating, whining, lazy parent expect better from her kids? But still, she does. In contrast--love Mike and all the kids--and I think the actors are stellar! Love their lines, their facial expressions, their delivery. Would love to see the kids go on to bigger things. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't watch at all. And back to Frankie--the house is supposed to be run down, needs work, needs cleaning, and yet Frankie is always perfectly made up with a new jacket every time she wears one. (Sue, on the other hand, wore the ugly heart coat forever!--which definitely fits the portrayal of the Hmmmm--if Frankie is always supposed to be portrayed as airheaded, hare-brained, forgetful and overwhelmed, how is it that she's always put together? Um--doesn't really match the rest of the show AT ALL. Glad the rest of the cast/characters pull it together. Again, yeah I know it's a comedy, but maybe the realistic (dirty house, fighting kids) doesn't quite coincide with the nonrealistic (make up in bed, when she first wakes up, new clothes--even tho I'm sure the costume people make sure they're ulgy, you very rarely ever see her wear the same thing twice--not REALLY like real life, right?) I like the other characters enough to start off with a 10, but the Frankie character brought my rating down to barely a 6.
  • Funniest Show Out There

For the life of me I can't figure out why it hasn't picked up more awards. It's so well written & acted. To be honest it is so much better than Modern Family. It seems there are many who haven't heard of it, but once they get a taste of it, really love it. Every show is hysterical. Love all the characters. Keep it coming! It gets harder and harder to find a show that the whole family can enjoy together. The Middle appeals to all ages, thanks!
  • Never really got into it

I watched some episodes both on ABC and in syndication, never really grew on me. everything from the characters to the writing seems a dull to me
  • Great Show always looked over by Emmys

I can't understand why all three of the kids have not been nominated for an Emmy. I've always heard comedy acting is not easy. These three sure make it look easy. They are naturals. Boycott the Emmys until Eden, Charlie and Atticus are nominated!
  • Love this show!

I absolutely love thid show. It is laugh-out-loud funny and touching all at the same time!!!
  • Amazingly Funny and Relatible!

This is such a good show and I feel that it can be something the average family can relate to. They have the same family problems and eventually solve them. Axl is too annoying and I think he should be kicked off the show. Sue is my favorite character and I just love how naive and funny she is.
  • It;s a great show

love the show , but clean up the house once and a while
  • The Middle

Love this show never understood why it never qualified as best comedy on the air.. Perhaps too real for some people.
  • Great Show

I love the show, especially the little kid. He is a great actor... Every night I look forward to watching this am a 73 year old and really enjoy watching the show and especially Brick...
  • Frankie's Appearance

I have always enjoyed this show until the new fall 2014 season. What is up with putting heavy dark fake eyelasses on Frankie? She never looked like this in past unreal for her character. Her character doesn't have time for always character isn't glamorous. I watch the reruns but don't have a lot interest in the new season. I do however like the character of thing when will she succeed.
  • What's up with the sound?

Love the show, but the way they mic the actors drives me nuts. The sound is too compressed and unnatural. Whenever there is a pause between lines, there is a very annoying rumbling sound like a fan or an air conditioner.
  • Mother's work habits

I love this show and all the characters except the mother. While Mike brags about always being on time and never missing work, the mother is always late, leaves early, sneaks out in the middle of the day, and worst of all, routinely steals office supplies. This is, in general, such a wonderful family show that I hate to see her providing children with such a terrible role model as a working mom. Each child is wonderfully unique in their own way and a joy to watch and Mike excels as the strong, supportive husband.
  • A very outstanding show

I swear, "The Middle" is so funny. I love the show, but sometimes the characters are so annoying.
  • way better then "Modern Family"

Why wasn't the award for best comedy drama or whatever given to them rather than the dummer than dum "Modern Family

I love everything about The Middle, too many to mention but I'll try, the acting by each one of those actors, the writing, . attitudes, realistic, down to earth views on kids, some successes, some failures, all dealt with love and caring. Sweet actors, able to make exaggerated situations funny and somewhat are they, I miss the show.
  • Dissapointed

I would like to be able to watch this funny show in my home. But the characters take the Lord's name in vain so much that I find it too offensive to watch with my kids.
  • Lovely

This show is so silly stupid, but in a very good way. just love it. especially the slapstick-ish parts of sue (sue). laughed my a* off.
  • The most relatable show ever

This show is just a hilarious and realistic depiction of a modern day, type B, dysfunctional family. All the characters are so funny, I love how Frankie acts like she has busy work when she doesn't want to admit that she doesn't do much for her family. The way Mike is careless and just agrees with Frankie on everything. I love how Axl is considered stupid but he is the voice of reason and has moments of wisdom. Sue is just so hilarious for her positive attitude about everything (even though her acting is a little cheesy) and Brick is just so funny the way he can't be social and always has his nose in a book. Like this one where Brick had his birthday party at a library LOL.
  • Love the Middle the best show ever

The best, The best show ever. Every single one of the actors and actress are the best in their roles. I can't even find a word to express my appreciation for all the artist, writers and creators of this lovely show. Love every single of them. I would like to know what channel shows the episodes besides channel 5.
  • Best show on TV.

I love it. Great casting. Very well written. All the characters play off each other very well. Great supporting cast as well. You will laugh and be entertained. What more can you ask for?
  • A Less Modern, Modern Family

I love this show! Its my favorite one, along with Modern Family. I think the 2 shows are a little less modern than them though :) I always watch this with my dad! We love it!
  • team Heck....

I laugh every time.
  • The Middle Makes and Impact on The Canfield Family

Our family cannot watch any other television program together. It seems others are just inappropriate for all ages. We enjoy seeing each character contribute. We have laughed and contnue to laugh.
  • Top Shows - Dysfunctional families: reality, reminds of Malcolm

Most ep, havent seen recent ep much (09-14)
  • "Not Very Jesusy!

1.5
    I was watching "the Middle" tonight, and I heard the line: " not very Jesusy".

As a Catholic Cristian", I am upset!

The writers must learn to "Keep the Customer Happy", or lose Audience, and their Jobs!
  • It's a very cute show! (Whispers below face) Very cute show!

I'm not into current prime time tv shows like I was back a long time ago. This summer while waiting for America's Got Talent to be on, I was introduced to The Middle. An Indiana family who are funny. Gotta like the mom who takes care of the kids & hold down a job at the used car lot. Girls would think Axl's a hottie for sportin the underwear in his house. Sure Axl plays the guitar, but I wish he could sing once. The last time that happened on broadcast tv (outside talent reality series) is a tie between Malcolm in The Middle & Complete Savages (both 2005).

But the best character I like is Brick. Has the same haircut as Dewey on Malcolm In The Middle. Plus he likes to whisper below his chest (or as I call it, the secret word whisper)! If the family were playing "Password", Brick would probably say, "The Password is.. ".
< 1 2 3