The Middle

Wednesday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Sep 30, 2009 Returning September 24, 2014

TesserT

The Middle Fan Reviews (57)

• They must have bugged my house

While the show is laugh out loud funny, my family (one husband, four boys) and I have often squirmed in our seats while watching this show. Many of the plot lines could have been stolen from our lives. We recognize and identify with the personalities and the day-to-day frustrations (man oh man do I recognize the housekeeping that goes with being busy and being the only person in a houseful of people who is interested in things like germ-prevention and not looking like a hoarder :) ). I think my husband fell in love with it when he observed them using a broom handle to keep the dishwasher door closed (Yes we've done that and we thought we were were the only ones) when it was broken. But last night's Christmas episode really spoke to me for personal reasons. Well-done guys.

I really wish I could thank the producers of The Middle for giving us a show that we can relate to--that doesn't paint the lower middle class as backwards, poorly educated, or crass and foul-mouthed. We needed this.