The Middle

Wednesday 8:00 PM on ABC Premiered Sep 30, 2009 In Season

TesserT

User Score: 1998

The Middle Fan Reviews (52)

• Patricia Heaton's Right-Wing Agenda Turned Me Off This Show

I enjoyed watching The Middle in its first two seasons, even though it was a carbon copy of both Malcolm In The Middle as well as the Canadian sitcom Corner Gas. The stories were delightful as to remind viewers of how great sitcoms used to be. I especially enjoyed watching Brick, who whispers what he just said to himself. Axl, however, was too much of a slacker and Sue too much of a loser, like her mother, who just couldn't get a sale at the used car dealership.

However, Patricia Heaton seemed to have gotten the knickers she wore from the series pilot in a bind, as she became the female Rush Limbaugh, criticizing Georgetown law student Sandra Fluke after Ms. Fluke advocated for contraception. I even wrote to prominent The Middle sponsor Volkswagen, requesting that they yank their advertising from the Wednesday night comedy. Even though Ms. Heaton later apologized, she should have kept her foot out of her mouth. Unfortunately, when The Middle finally does cease production, it will be marred by this ugly political affair instead of the quality episodes Ms. Heaton should have been doing.

ABCFAM