The Middleman Forums

ABC Family (ended 2008)

What did you think of The Cursed Tuba Contingency? WARNING: SPOILERS!

rdneckgirl24

[1]Jul 29, 2008
    • level: 3

I personally LOVED this episode. I'm a big fan of anything Titanic too. Lacey and MM was sweet but since I'm a devoted Wendy/MM fan I kept trying to find pieces of the show where Wendy showed a little bit of jealousy. I did see two parts even though she said that under normal circumstances she would have been happy for MM/Lacey. I think she just said that b/c she knows that it will never be normal circumstances. LOL LOL Maybe that's me just being a romantic dork. LOL I wish that MM would have complimented Wendy on her dress and hair though. I mean it's the first time we've seen her really decked out and she looked amazing. Of course he looked HOT too in that tux. Noser looked good in his tux too. I loved the part where she's hanging off the deck and trying to yell for help but the horn keeps blowing. LOL

Another favorite part is when the guy is about to blow the horn but Wendy goes "Move aside boss I got this one!" and she shoots that HUGE arrow at him. MM goes "SWEET MOLLY BROWN!" LOL LOL CLASSIC!

So what where your thoughts on the show?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

shopgirl318

[2]Jul 30, 2008
    • level: 7
    I agree. I loved the episode also, it was a great mix of comedy/action with a little bit of romance and drama thrown into the mix. My favorite part about the episode was the ending when Lacey and The middleman were dancing it was sweet and tragic at the same time. I was rooting for those. I kinda like the professional relationship between between Wendy and her Boss, though I agree with the poster above he should have complimented her and the dress, I didn't like it but she looked really pretty in it. Anyways, down the line I would like to see a romance between Wendy and her boss but not right now it is way to soon, and plus I want to see some buildup. I wrote way to much.
    Edited on 07/30/2008 12:26am

pantera_rosso

[3]Jul 30, 2008
    • level: 9
    loved it, this show is one of my favo's it has a lot of geeky references, great jokes and it does not take itself serious

did you see the set of csi's the lead one looked a lot like grissom (if only the real one...)

rdneckgirl24

[4]Jul 30, 2008
    Well after watching this episode I like how they are putting MM and Wendy with other people and they are building great buildup tension for later. I agree with how I want them together but just not right now. They need to build up tension and then get them together later. I think that might be what Javi has been planning to do. Lacey and MM dance was sweet and tragic at the same time.

SWERJ321

[5]Jul 30, 2008
    • level: 19
    What I liked was how they played with Cecil, MM thinking he was a troubled soul but it turns out he's a complete self-absorbed scumbag because of his immortality and doesn't want it to end. It was a nice flip on things.

But I was really jarred when Ida mentions Downers Grove, Illinois, my hometown!

HRGirl

[6]Jul 31, 2008
    I enjoyed this episode. I wish that they would have let MM/Lacey's relationship go a bit further before stopping it, but I thought it was really nice of MM not to tell Lacey that Wendy said she didn't want him to date her. This show is really growing on me. It is fun to watch and keeps me laughing.

rdneckgirl24

[7]Jul 31, 2008
    There is always something funny about this show. It's the main thing that I love about it. It helps you escape from the boring reality even if only for an hour. lol Really there was no reason for him to tell Lacey what Wendy said b/c she just gave voice to what he'd been thinking anyway.

TvGuide2

[8]Aug 1, 2008
    It was a good ep looking forward for the next one. I'm into the MM/Wendy Watson too. Although the show hasn't showed a relationship blooming. I hope it will soon. I love this show its really funny not your normal ABC Family show series.

rakesprogress

[9]Aug 4, 2008
    • level: 1
    I loved the Lacey/MM dating arc in this episode - the movie theater segments were very sweet, while the end of the episode was so melancholy and sad (I got teary at the end, and I'm a cynical bastard who hates everything). I thought that Wendy's final look was a mix of sadness and guilt and uncertainty because she's the big reason why the two people she cares about most can't end up together, and she knows Lacey well enough to know the MM fixation isn't going to end either. But the ending was open enough for us to return to this plotline later in the season. Wendy and MM isn't going to happen, since they're developing that classic hero/sidekick, crimefighting duo banter and are firmly set in that mentor/student relationship. Lacey and MM provides that classic hero relationship model: hero breaks off to protect the person he cares about, who proceeds to ignore the hero's warnings because she simply cares about him too much. Can't wait to see how this plays out!
    Edited on 08/04/2008 7:04am

36th_Phantom

[10]Nov 17, 2008
    this is my favourite episode of middleman, i loved it when cecil is 1st at the crime scene and MM likes him, and thinks he understands him, then he realises he is a fake when the real csi team show up and he hates him! rofl