The Middleman

ABC Family (ended 2008)

Gislef

The Middleman Fan Reviews (22)

• Clever and campy - I can't believe they want to cancel this show.

I was mildly curious when the commercials for this summer season filler show started airing, but I gave it a try, and found it to be addicting. It is campy and never takes itself seriously, and that is a great deal of its attraction. The characters are interesting, even the minor ones, and the writing is clever. The over-the-top dialogue is a big part of the humor, and if you pay attention there are all sorts of side jokes in there. For instance, an episode featuring reports of a ghost in a sorority house on Ray Parker Jr. Avenue. I look forward to watching this show every week, and if the rumors are true that it is not being renewed I'll be very disappointed. Like so many good shows that have not been renewed (Moonlight, anyone?) and replaced with substandard drek, I am feeling like the industry is pandering to the lowest common denominator and all the good shows are being weeded out and replaced with bad acting, bad writing, and Reality-du-jour. The Middleman is one of the better shows on television right now, as far as its capacity to just plain entertain me and make me laugh, and I would recommend it to everyone seeking some clever humor to lighten up their week.