The Middleman

The Accidental Occidental Conception

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Jun 23, 2008 on ABC Family

7.9
  • I liked it!

Wendy must bail Lacey out of jail after a radical act of protesting the rights of animals. Wendy and The Middleman have to find a Terracotta Warrior that had supernaturally come alive. He wants to find and kill the heir to the Chinese throne. It will unleash death unto the world though. Wendy and The Middleman must go to the Underworld to stop it all. They sucessfully rescue him, but Wendy gets distracted while trying to look up whether her dad is dead or not. Lacey gets sucked into the fashion world when Roxy, a famous fashion designer, offers her a job. Lacey seems to lose her animal rights way, but she has a secret plan.

This episode was great! The Underworld clerk guy was funny, but he seemed gay This episode had funny parts and I liked it. I give it a 9.5 out of 10!
  • Lots of mud, but still good fun.

This episode built on the great work of the pilot to present something even better. I found this episode to be funnier, punchier and much more engaging. It really seems as if the show's creators are well on the way to finding a winning formula.

The Middleman now has his own vehicle with it's own name "The Middlemobile". Not much of it was shown apart from the fact that it is a black 1970's muscle car. I am supposing that the lack of detail was so that they can add sci-fi gadgets and gizmos as the series progresses, something that many viewers such as myself look forward to eagerly.

I don't know who is responsible for costuming but their decision to stick with the choice in the pilot of short shorts for the female actors is excellent. I say you can never have too many short shorts and they can never be too short.

The only criticism I have is that the writers don't seem to know that the saying is "a sticky wicket" not "a sticky widget", it comes from the game of cricket which is played with wickets.

An excellent episode that left me eager to see the next episode.
  • BANANA! BANANA! TERRACOTTA PIE!

Episode starts of as Wendy bails out her roommate from jail after she protests a sushi joint in the nude. Something about tuna.... TV14 DSL material abounds. The CGI was lame. The story was worse. A reformed succubus and incubuses who work in fashion are the Middleman's afterlife/magical contacts. On the way through hell Wendy wants to know about her father. So she pesters an individual best classified as a homosexual cliche( in hell LOL that is so not politically correct) to look through his files. I can see the niche groups tuning out during these moments. The PETA roommate is a dumb blond, homosexuals in hell, people in fashion are blood sucking harpies from hell, Chinese people own restaurants, and on and on... Mediocre filler episode not worth watching.