The Middleman

The Accidental Occidental Conception

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Jun 23, 2008 on ABC Family

7.9
  • Lots of mud, but still good fun.

This episode built on the great work of the pilot to present something even better. I found this episode to be funnier, punchier and much more engaging. It really seems as if the show's creators are well on the way to finding a winning formula.

The Middleman now has his own vehicle with it's own name "The Middlemobile". Not much of it was shown apart from the fact that it is a black 1970's muscle car. I am supposing that the lack of detail was so that they can add sci-fi gadgets and gizmos as the series progresses, something that many viewers such as myself look forward to eagerly.

I don't know who is responsible for costuming but their decision to stick with the choice in the pilot of short shorts for the female actors is excellent. I say you can never have too many short shorts and they can never be too short.

The only criticism I have is that the writers don't seem to know that the saying is "a sticky wicket" not "a sticky widget", it comes from the game of cricket which is played with wickets.

An excellent episode that left me eager to see the next episode.