The Middleman

The Cursed Tuba Contingency

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Jul 28, 2008 on ABC Family

• Another hysterical outing with nice character twists.

As a Titantic buff myself (the actual event more than the movie), I got a kick out of this ep. It was fun seeing the return of the fashionista and her flirting/fighting with MM. I really loved Cecil's character, which turns the usual "cursed Immortal" concept on its ear as MM assumes he wants to end it out of guilt but it turns out, he really enjoys living forever and doesn't care who he hurts. It was interesting to see that despite his gruffness, MM does look for the best in people and was hurt by Cecil's chicanry.

The plotline of him and Lacey was interesting as it shows another side, of the Middleman wanting a normal life outside of his work but unable to really do so. The revelation that he's never actually seen the end of that movie sums it up perfectly and it was sad how he had to end it, with Lacey devestated and not understanding why. Wendy was good trying to help him with it and her usual kooky antics and reactions to Cecil and the party were fun. I also loved how she saved the day with the spear gun. So a bit more depth to characters but once more, it's the off-the-wall writing that makes this show so damn fun.
  • This episode was downright entertaining!!

When talk of a cursed tuba comes up, The Middleman and Wendy investigate. It has the power to drown people with the icy waters of the North Atlantic. It was the only surviving instrument from the Titanic and the man who played it is still alive. He is also cursed and must live forever until the tuba is destroyed. Lacey and The Middleman meet at the movies and have a small, short mini-date. At at Titanic party, the tuba is planning to be used, so Wendy and The Middleman must stop it. Lacey and Noser show up too, but Wendy tells them to leave because she doesn't want them to drown. They figure out that the immortal guy is the mastermind, even though he seemed innocent. Wendy kills him and saves the world! The Middleman and Lacey want to see each other, but The Middleman says they can't because of work and Wendy.

This episode was great! I really wanted Lacey and The Middleman to be a couple! I like them together! The tuba storyline was also interesting! This episode gets a 10 out of 10 from me!