The Middleman

The Sino-Mexican Revelation

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Jun 30, 2008 on ABC Family

• Who comes up with this stuff?

As fun as the first two eps were, this is where the series hits its totally off-the-wall stride. I haven't laughed this hard at a sci-fi show in a long time as this ep was just brilliant. There was the constant shifting of the time zone labels. Wendy speaking English while subtitles in Spanish appeared below her. The Middleman's Hewbrew commentary. Mark Dacastos having an obvious blast as Master Ping. The "great battle" with that other masked man. We even get some character development with Wendy's dad and her ability to fly jets and her brief flirtiation with that other guy. We also get her in a Robin costume, Lacey in a teddy bear (which apparantly means something but we're not allowed to see what, which makes it more fun), wild kung fu battles and more of the Middleman's crazy lines. Please, please, ABC Family, do not cancel this show, this is fun TV hasn't seen since the heyday of "The Tick."
  • Very strange, but very entertaining.

Sensai Ping is coming to train Wendy. They are stopped by Mexican wrestlers in masks. They kidnap Sensai Ping because of a blood feud. Lacey resorts to working at a restuarant that diminishes the respect for women, but quits after a couple of hours. Wendy meets a potential boyfriend, but after he saves her, he gets two-day amnesia. Wendy's job and life may be in danger. After Wendy saves him and Sensai Ping, The Middleman gives her her first check. Sensai Ping kills all the Mexicans. Wendy is now safe and everything is good.

This episode was the weirdest so far. The Mexican wrestlers and stuff totally threw me off. I loved the part where the subtitles changed when they started speaking English and it showed it in Spanish or whatever. This episode gets an 8.5 out of 10 from me!