The Mighty B! Forums

Nickelodeon (ended 2011)

Mighty B! Haters

larxenerabbit

[1]Dec 9, 2010
    • level: 21

I find myself wondering why a lot of people dislike/hate" The Mighty B!", yet like a bunch of other shows which has a lot of things this show has. I have made a list of excuses haters come up with and I will express my opinion on why they are lame excuses.

It Has Terrible Voice Acting - I've heard many people complain about Bessie, among other character's, voice. Well that's a pretty lame excuse I mean it fits her! You can't really expect a character like her to have the 'perfect voice'.

The Animation Is Weird - What? I'm sorry but A LOT of cartoons have weird animation!!! Does that make them unenjoyable? NOT AT ALL!!!

There's No Humor - Are you kidding?! This is the girl scout version of Ren and Stimpy for corn's sake! And I know a bunch of Mighty B! hates LOVE Ren and Stimpy! Or maybe they just can't accept newer things.

There's Too Many Gross Jokes - Okay, even I'm not to keen on gross jokes. But the show doesn't have that much!!! At least not compared to the forever loved Ren And Stimpy when nobody got peeved off over the gross humor!!!

It Rips Off Other Shows - WHAT?!!! I've heard people saying it rips off shows like Ren and Stimpy, Camp Lazlo, and SpongeBob! LIES!!! Sure, this show is about the wacky life of a strange protagonist. Does that make it a rip off? NO!!! And besides, nothing can really be considered original anymore.

The Episodes Are Stupid - While some episodes (Bee My Baby) are looked down upon by Mighty B! haters, that doesn't mean ALL the episodes are bad!

Bessie Always Wins - NOT!!! If you've seen all the episodes, you would see that Bessie doesn't always come out on top. Take Ten Little Honeybees for example. They also say she wins for doing the wrong thing. But so does SpongeBob and everyone still worships him!!!

If there are more reasons, feel free to tell. I just got peeved off over fans of SPONGEBOB and FLAPJACK, among other people, dissing this show. I mean, SB and Flap do many things these Mighty B! haters complain about!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jegolas1973

[2]Dec 9, 2010
    • level: 22

I know all about those bashers. They won't give Mighty B a chance. They don't even bother to check their spelling when making posts. They even choose an easy target. Most of them bash Portia. She's mean, but in a likeable and sweet way. I'm no Mighty B hater. I think the Mighty B has great comedy value.

Edited on 12/11/2010 9:45pm

jegolas1973

[3]Dec 9, 2010
    • level: 22

(this post is a duplicate of the last post, so I replaced it with this.)

Edited on 12/09/2010 4:07pm

MightyBFan25

[4]Dec 9, 2010
    • level: 26

I have read a lot of bad reviews of the Mighty B! before and it did anger me a lot actually. Some people don't want to give the show a chance but just think of it this way: It's their own loss. I mean...they're entitled to their own opinion and if they want to miss out on a great show...let them. But I suggest you be careful, Larx, on this forum because I remember about a year ago on this site I made a forum kinda similar to this one and the editor of the Mighty B! locked it and I got a bunch of TOS's (on my old account). Anyways...I'm just glad that they're aren't as many bashers on the forums anymore. I remember when I first went on this site a bunch of bashers just randomly posted on the forums and were swearing and saying all this mean stuff which was really offensive...but that hardly happens anymore.

doguineta

[5]Dec 9, 2010
    • level: 20
    I believe i's because of the 1st season. The plots, IMo, weren't that good. I only love a handful of eps of season 1, while in season 2, I like almost every ep. I think that as haters base their opinions on Season 1, they'll never see Season 2, and never see B at it's full potential.

ryuuseipro

[6]Dec 9, 2010
    • level: 11

I was deeply offended by people who bash The Mighty B! for some really dumb reasons, like unfairly comparing it to more popular shows like Spongebob and Avatar.

I love The Mighty B!. I thought Season 1 was great. Season 2 is even better! And then the show got canceled (ratings had nothing to do with it), with the rest of the S2 episodes left to languish... until now.

And although it came too little too late, I was surprised that some of the same haters LOVED Season 2!

Edited on 12/09/2010 10:04pm

larxenerabbit

[7]Dec 10, 2010
    My sis, who used to think the Mighty B! was 'okay' in Season 1, LOVES it in Season 2!

doguineta

[8]Dec 10, 2010
    • level: 20
    larxenerabbit wrote:
    My sis, who used to think the Mighty B! was 'okay' in Season 1, LOVES it in Season 2!

That's excactly how I feel.

larxenerabbit

[9]Dec 10, 2010
    Would've been great if they decided to make Season 3.

italiankid5

[10]Dec 11, 2010
    • level: 7

I'm a Mighty B! hater. I hate it for all the reasons listed in the first post (just because you don't think it does those things listed, doesn't mean it's true. Most people are on my side, so your in the minority)

P.S. I watched at least half of season 1, and some of season 2, so i've seen enough to know I hate the show.

larxenerabbit

[11]Dec 11, 2010
    Just because I'm in the minority doesn't mean I'm not right. I don't give a care how many people are on your side. And if you hate it so much why are you here?! Go back to the SB forums since you seem to favor that!

MightyBFan25

[12]Dec 12, 2010

It's your loss if you don't appreciate The Mighty B!. It's a great show and you're probably basing all of your opinions of the show from just a few Season1 episodes...you've probably never even seen a Season 2 episode because you refuse to give the show another chance. I personally love The Mighty B! and if you don't like the show you shouldn't be on the forums.

supertdifan27

[13]Jan 14, 2011
    • level: 6

Its because they are old nickelodeon viewers (that havent watched a single episode) that complain about this show and want old shows back

larxenerabbit

[14]Jan 14, 2011
    Hmmm... you make a good point. I love most of the old shows, but I at least give the newer ones a chance.

FZeroBoyo

[15]Jan 25, 2011
    • level: 15

I think it's because the majority of people compare this show to the ones they liked from their childhood as opposed to judging it on its own merits. I made no comparisons when I first watched this show and was completely immersed by it. Shame that it's coming to an end soon but I thoroughly enjoyed every episode that has aired.

larxenerabbit

[16]Jan 25, 2011
    I've compared it to older shows and I still loved this. But yeah, you're right.

larxenerabbit

[18]May 12, 2011
    The latest Mighty B! review was kinda hypocritical. I mean, why is Ren and Stimpy's gross humor accepted when The Mighty B! isn't? I mean, Ren and Stimpy did it more often.

MightyBFan25

[19]Jul 6, 2011
    I have no idea why that's the case. The person who wrote the review probably overlooked it or thinks that there should be no gross humor at all in a "girl's cartoon". And the person was probably just using it as another reason to bash the show.

larxenerabbit

[20]Jul 6, 2011
    This isn't a girl's cartoon That's like saying Rugrats is a baby show