A The Millers Community
CBS (ended 2014)

We just issued 4-Episode Test verdicts for Mom and The Crazy Ones, and clearly CBS saw our less-than-thrilled opinions of both series and said, "We're gonna show those TV.com folks! [maniacal laughter]." And show us they did, because the network has given full-season pickups to MomThe Crazy Ones, and The Millers (the latter of which will receive the 4-Episode treatment next week). 

However, I have a theory that these orders were probably going to happen no matter what. All three series are anchored by big names: Will Arnett on The MillersAllison Janney and on Mom, and Robin Williams on The Crazy Ones. When you factor in Margo Martindale, Beau Bridges, Anna Faris, and Sarah Michelle Gellar, it just makes sense that CBS would keep them around through May. Plus there's the pesky little matter of ratings. 

The Crazy Ones has averaged 13.71 million viewers (I'm assuming that, like me, some of those pople are watching out of loyalty to Buffy Summers), while The Millers has averaged 12.41 million, and Mom has averaged 7.98 million. So yeah, now we're going to sit through a whole season's of fart jokes, Buffy nostalgia, and Janney wishing for the good ol' days of Aaron Sorkin. But things could be worse! If We Are Men hadn't been canceled, we would've risked contracted herpes from spending 22 episodes in that nasty hot tub.

These pickups mean that all four of CBS's new fall comedies have received either a back-nine order or the axe. 

Are you still watching MomThe Millers, or The Crazy Ones? Are you excited for a full season's worth of James Wolk? P.S. Remember Lone Star

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 7/18/2015

Season 2 : Episode 11

31 Comments
Comments (31)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
love Mom, Millers, Crazy Ones is ok too. Has Brad G's character from ABC comedy cancelled?
Flag
why in the world would they renew The Millers? The mother character is so hateful, not at all funny!
Flag
So, there isn't even a single likable new sitcom this season?
Flag
oh yes!
Flag
Brooklyn Nine Nine is good.
Trophy Wife is quite good as well.
Flag
Lonely Island fan here. B99 gets my vote too. Dads is great also.
Flag
It looks like they won't have second seasons :(
Flag
Mom is funny, but sometimes it goes too far on his path to trying to BE funny that it becomes cring-worthy. I will not bother watching The Crazy Ones because Robbin Williams seriously is painful to watch and The Millers is just average.
No new sitcoms this year have been good (or funny) enough to deserve a full-season pickup.
Flag
Doing a class project about The Crazy Ones and would love some more input! Please take this survey! Only 2 minutes. https://medill.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_5bU07O6cUlePywR
Flag
Hamish Linklater fave actor on this one.
Flag
I took it for you! :D
Flag
There you go, I knew there would be enough stupid people in America to watch Robin the no talent hack actor Williams.

Dads and TCO must be their new favorites. These shows might topple Modern Family, another breathtakingly great show, off its pedestal.
Flag
Despite my love of Buffy nostalgia, I gave up on The Crazy Ones after the pilot. Haven't watched Mom or The Millers, their trailers didn't look too bad, but I doubt I'll ever watch either.
Flag
I'm delighted that the Crazy Ones is sticking around, it's my favourite new comedy - but tempering that joy is the news that The Millers will also be sticking around and stinking up the place. I'll just have to take the rough with the smooth I guess.
Flag
And there went my deadpool up in flames, thanks a lot the millers. Why couldnt you just die like all the other bad sitcoms?
Flag
I agree with you, The Millers really bad. I chose the The Crazy Ones so my Dead Pool is also... erm... dead. I'm glad I was wrong though, because I really like The Crazy Ones. Oh well, some you win, some you lose!
Flag
I really want to like The Crazy Ones (because, Buffy), but it's just not my kind of humor. Too much cringe worthy stuff. The Millers I'm actually enjoying, though I'm not a huge fan. Has the potential of becoming the new 2 Broke Girls. A series I only watched because it was on, until I suddenly started to care and love it and now it's awesome!!! *cough* It may happen. Hopefully with The Crazy Ones as well.
Flag
Only one I watch is The Millers, but guess this is good for CBS comedies right? Although makes me wonder where Friends with Better Lives and Bad Teacher will go.
Flag
Yes! The Crazy Ones is insanely good.
Flag
Yup, figured that.
Flag
I thought my word play would get noticed. :-(
Flag
I'm really happy that The Millers and Mom have gotten full season orders. They are both funny shows.
Flag
NEWS BRIEF (of my own...):

Ironside and Welcome to the Family have (as I had, with millions of others, hoped) been cancelled. That's it, let out a collective HUZZAH! This leaves room come January for, that's right folks, the return of COMMUNITY! Community will premiere Thursday, January 2 at 8:00 with back-to-back episodes.

http://tvline.com/2013/10/18/community-season-5-date-nbc/
Flag
So far all 3 have impressed me more than I thought they would. good choices on all 3 rebewals IMO.
Flag
Welp, my dead pool run is over.
Flag
The Millers has been great. The Crazy Ones I loved. Robin Williams had some great lines and had me dying in laughter. And Mom, it's good probably stick with it.
Flag
I've been enjoying the Crazy Ones (full disclosure, my loyalty is to Williams), but even I know it's not the best. Especially last week, it proved the series is all over the board trying to figure itself out. Hopefully it'll get over that hump soon and actually showcase that glimmer that's keeping me around.
Flag
Well, I guess you can't cancel everything in a lackluster season. Last year's The Neighbors is looking pretty good along about now. When is summer coming back? Mom isn't that bad, it's just not good. The Millers are tolerable and The Crazy Ones aren't.
Flag
I'm with you and have been watching The Crazy Ones out of loyalty to Buffy, but the highlight so far has come from the outtakes where SMG said she'd learned her driving moves in Sunnydale.
I've been trying really hard to like it, but it's just not making me laugh. I'll keep watching a bit longer and am crossing my fingers that it will get funnier.
Flag
It wasn't her driving moves, it was jumping over the car... Sarah cracked me up in that outtake!
Also in the same episode she made me loLOUD with her face after running over the pigeon!
Anyone who watched Buffy knows SMG can be hilarious, I just hope they'll give her better material, and not make her the unfunny character.
Flag
This site is owned by CBS. Seems odd you appear separate the two. Shouldn't you have to disclose that for those that don't read the fine print at the bottom? It's like when PBS's The Newshour talks about a company making news and then Newshour discloses they are a contributor to the show.

If you saw Allison Janney on Craig Ferguson last night, you would never think she was pining for the days of Aaron Sorkin. Among other things, she tried to ride the horse...
Flag
Follow this Show
Members