The Millionaire

CBS (ended 1960)

AprilFox

The Millionaire Fan Reviews (2)

• I want to be a Millionaire

5.5
    The show is great. Moves quick and you can win a bunch of money. I can even answer some of the questions but why won't it let me rate the show higher than a 5.5?
  • Rich in spirit

The Millionaire was a dramatic anthology series that ran on CBS from 1955 to 1960.

This series only has 1 regularly seen character, Michael Anthony (Marvin Miller) who is the personal secretary to reclusive multibillionaire John Beresford Tipton (voice of Paul Frees) who instructs Mr. Anthony to give a cashier's check for $1 Million dollars, tax free, with a few stipulations meant for the recipient.

Each episode follows the recipient soon after he/she receives the money & the aftermath from their sudden wealth.

This show was quite popular during its initial run on CBS, in fact people actually wrote to the show's producers asking to see if they are eligible for a real-life fiduciary renumeration (which they never received since the show was purely fictional).

I just happened to catch this show when it was rerun on Chicago TV over 30 years ago & i'm hoping that this show is currently on DVD.