A The Mindy Project Community
Tuesday 9:30 PM on FOX (Returning September 16th, 2014)

WHAT WON'T THIS GUY DO? NEWS

... I don't know why, but part-time student, part-time weirdo, full-time man-about-town James Franco will guest-star on Fox's The Mindy Project in Season 2. This guy likes to do things just for the heck of it, doesn't he? He'll play a doctor who replaces Mindy while she's away form the office. [Fox via press release]

BUSINESS TIME

... Oxygen has finally canceled The Glee Project, the reality series that gave its singing-and-dancing winner a role on the Fox series Glee. The show ran for two seasons, and spawned Glee cast members Alex Newell, Blake Jenner, Samuel Larsen, and Damian McGinty. Producers insist the cancellation had nothing to do with the recent death of Cory Monteith, and that it was the late renewal of Glee that made it difficult to turn around a season. [THR]

... Where in the World is Carmen San Diego? Well that sneaky b---- might be back on PBS! [io9]

... The CW has ordered 13 episodes of Masters of Illusion, a magic show featuring magic. And illusions. Nothing targets the young demographic better than magic. Way to be in touch with the kids, CW. [THR]

... Google is getting into the television distribution business, selling media companies on the idea of an internet-based pay-TV model, possibly like Hulu or AppleTV or whatever else is out there, I dunno I can't keep up with all this technology. Because Google is into everything. In fact, I saw Google out with your girlfriend the other day and I thought you should know. [Wall Street Journal]

... Fox has ordered a pilot for the game show Step Up, hosted by Andy Richter. The program will feature contestants ascending a giant pyramid, with more money available to them the higher they climb. It's like the $25,000 Pyramid because it has a pyramid. [THR]

... What will be the follow-up to Syfy's Sharknado, which was a movie about a tornado full of sharks? Ghost Shark, about a shark full of ghosts or a ghost full of sharks or maybe a dust storm full of sharks and ghosts! It'll premiere August 22 at 9pm on Syfy. Let's all see what happens if we don't tweet about this one. [Syfy via press release]

... Composer Bear McCreary, who told musicians what to play for The Walking Dead and Battlestar Galactica, will do the music for Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., so yay for him. [EW]

... Fuse has renewed its spontaneous game show Billy on the Street for a third season. Maybe he can finally get off the street now? [Deadline Hollywood]

CASTING NEWS

... Ellie Kemper (The Office) will drop by the final season of CBS's How I Met Your Mother, joining the guest list for Barney and Robin's wedding. She'll play a single, attractive, and apparently annoying guest. Kemper's comedy pilot Brenda Forever was not picked up by NBC this past pilot season, so in all likelihood, it's guest-starring roles for her for the foreseeable future. [TV Line]

... Supernatural is something something something spoiler so don't click the link if you don't want to know. It's pretty major, but everyone else is talking about it so you'll probably find out anyway. But I at least want to give you the option of being incredibly patient and not a spoiler whore. [Blastr]

... Tom Arnold (Soul Plane, haha Tom) will guest-star on USA's Psych. He'll play a paranormal police consultant who works with a probably imaginary spirit. Look for him in Episode 7. [USA Network via press release]

SAD NEWS, CONTINUED

... The toxicology reports for Cory Monteith are in, and, yikes, the cause of death has been ruled as an overdose of alcohol and heroin. [US Magazine]

ONE LAST ITEM TO LIGHTEN THE MOOD

... How about a hardcore Breaking Bad fan? [Aaron Paul's Instagram]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/6/2014

Season 2 : Episode 22

38 Comments
Follow this Show
Members