We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

A The Mindy Project Community
Tuesday 9:30 PM on Hulu

The nominee list for Best Comedic Actor on our Best of 2013 poll is pretty star-studded. With strong contenders like NPH, Nick Offerman, and Jim Parsons, it's hard to pick which one to vote for to win the category. But I'm a big fan of the underdogs so let's take a moment and see if I can convince you to vote for someone who well, isn't winning yet.

5. The Mindy Project is actually pretty good

And it's time you admitted it! When TMP first started I feel like it was pretty hip to diss on the show but c'mon! Mindy is actually really funny, and the cast have really come into their own over the show's run. Including Chris Messina as Danny Castellano. I can't imagine the show without him.

4. Look at that face!

What a dreamboat! I don't know if that's really a good reason to vote for Chris over the others but I couldn't write a list of my favorite things about him without including it. Dream. Boat. Please forgive me.

3. His surly one-liners
He cracks me up every episode with his bad attitude. I don't think I'll ever get tired of how much he hates everything. He's like me! Surly to the core.

2. The love connection

They've been building this one up for a while. Despite dating other people and maybe hating each other a little bit, Danny & Mindy definitely have some chemistry. The will they won't they isn't in your face but it's definitely fun. Chris is great in the role, clearly struggling to keep his feelings at bay. I can't wait to see where it goes.

1. His dance moves
I think this one speaks for itself.

So there you go! Convinced? Probably not, but at least you got some giggles out of those dance movies, right?

Don't agree? Defend your choices in your own post with our Community Topic of the Week! Check out our rules here.

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 4/26/2016

Season 4 : Episode 16

25 Comments
Comments (25)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Chris Messina's got my vote but unfortunately those of us who agree with Reason 5 (TMP is a pretty good show) are in a very small minority... So most people won't have seen him in this show (he was also great in Damages though that wasn't quite so funny). This season The Mindy Project's gotten so much better once James Franco left (sorry, nice guy but his character was pointless in TMP) but ratings continue to disappoint so I am not sure Fox will give us a 3rd season... There is some hope as Fox's new comedies have all been pretty lame/ratings-challenged anyway...
Flag
Unfortunately TV rating in north america is all about what the lowest common denominator enjoys. most people don't want to think or listen for longer than 3 seconds, and shows like the mindy project, arrested development and even 30 rock require a bigger commitment than what one can absorb whilst wearing walmart sweats, eating a hungry man and separating your whites. It's why shows like Honey Boo Boo and 2 and a half men do so well. it doesn't mean the other shows aren't good, in my opinion they are in fact too good. One of the best, smartest shows of all time was All in The Family, a hilarious well written satyr, but by today's tv "standards" and what people want to see, i doubt it would have made it past 2 episodes. great networks who truly believe in art will try to keep these shows going as long as possible, but in the end, if the viewership is not there, neither is the money, and once the money is gone so is the show.
Flag
Staff
I have no idea why this show wouldn't be doing well! It's funny but definitely better than a lot of comedies out there.
Flag
Yep... unfortunately ratings have been mediocre when not bad... As to why, I am not 100% sure but I guess many people found Mindy's quirks irritating / not funny and gave up on the show early on
Flag
Danny and Morgan. Period.
Flag
I lurve the mindy project. Only comedy I'm watching right now. I also love danny's surly 'tude to. Reminds me of me :)
Flag
The dance scene literally made me squeal out of joy and then hide behind a pillow out of embarrassment. Chris has definitely managed to emprove the show with his beautiful face and equally enchanting dance-moves. You have convinced me that he deserves a win. I shall vote for him.
Flag
Staff
Woo!
Flag
I agree with everything you have just said. The funny thing with me was that I never started watching this show until i saw Chris in The Newsroom!! I checked the pilot of The Mindy project and i wasn't that impressed and for some reason I stuck to the show by episode 6 I was laughing so hard watching the show. It's a really funny show and the cast is amazing. I think season after season its getting better and Chris Messina as Danny is just hilarious, he is a funny and talented actor and I hope he wins it
Flag
Yes! Chris Messina in The Newsroom.. he's got such fantastic comic timing. If you haven't seen his rant in the second last episode of season 2 ("Mum says I can't" LOL), you are missing out.
Flag
Staff
I agree! It had it's troubles when it started but I think it continues to improve.
Flag
My gif. of DANNY's dancing... for the people outside of USA unable to watch the video & the song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcIvIladNnQ.
Flag
Nicely done!

Flag
Chris Messina dancing to Aaliyah's 'Try Again' is the BEST THING EVER. The man has moves. This had better make it to this week's FTW.
Flag
And also: the sweetest thing ever...
Flag
Yep. The chin graze - I DIED.
Flag
Staff
Me too! I swooned.
Flag
I sat there watching that completely in awe. He was amazing!
Flag
Staff
I wish they showed him dancing the whole time!
Flag
Staff
RIGHT? I couldn't HANDLE it.
Flag
YES YES AND YES
Flag
Follow this Show
Members