The Moment of Truth

Episode 102 - George Ortuzar/Christie Youssef

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Jan 30, 2008 on FOX

6.2
  • "That lie-detector show" seemed to have some promise. But this episode showed me exactly why I should never, ever watch again. If you like endless padding, phony suspense, ridiculous recaps and more, this show is for you. If not, keep reading.

2.9
    Well, here were are. The second episode of "The Moment of Truth" and the last episode I'll ever be watching. I decided to tape the show and I'm so glad I did. FOX began the show with seemingly endless amounts of padding, promos, and recap, and then asked one question before going to commercial. The rest of the episode was a hodge-podge of boringness, repetitiveness, and generally noncompelling TV.

This show stops becoming interesting precisely at the moment you realize you really couldn't give a monkey's tail whether or not these contestants are lying or telling the truth, whether or not they did this and that supposedly naughty thing, so on, so on. Huge yawn.

I wanted to like this show. I'm a fan of the host, and the concept seemed like it might be interesting. But the format of the show just does not work. Goodbye "Moment of Truth."