The Monroes Forums

ABC (ended 1967)

the monroes

mal10587

[1]Feb 16, 2006
    • level: 1
    Why doesn't Barbara Hershey want credit for the show "The Monroes" back in 1966? I thought the show was very good. Her character 'Kathy' is referenced but with no actor name. Even on the site NNDB, she does not list the show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tvking1

[2]Aug 17, 2007
    • level: 42

According to her bio on Wikipedia she found her experience working on The Monroes to be "dispiriting" and wrote pseudonymous letters to the producers asking that it be cancelled. Evidently they listened, since it lasted only one season. Perhaps she has been trying to live it down because it clashes with her Hollywood reputation as a "liberated", free-living modern countercultural woman, not the family type.

The Family Channel, when it was owned by Pat Robertson's CBN, used to show reruns in the late 1980s. More recently TV Land might have too, but I'm not sure.

curiousguy

[3]Jan 28, 2008
    • level: 2
    Loved this show as a kid. It was a shame only 25 episodes were made. I loved Hershey in this show and am sad at her attitude toward it.I was wondering why she was not listed. Thanks

lydia6dg

[4]Dec 22, 2009
    • level: 1
    Wonderful programme. I use to fancy the eldestboy,Michael Anderson jr. Never missed an episode, they should showit agian, I would watch it