The Mountain Forums

The WB (ended 2005)

Stupid WB!!!

ireeagle

[1]Dec 18, 2005
    • level: 9
    They cancelled this popular show in the wrong time, take a look at this petition website!!!:

www.petitiononline.com/mo1n234
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jhewitt3211

[2]Jan 1, 2006
    • level: 2
    The petition only shows about 9841 signatures.

Do you really think that would convince the WB network to change their mind?

The problem was that "The Mountain" was never that popular to begin with; it got less than 2 million viewers per episode.

"7th Heaven" and the old TV show "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" get at least 5-6 million viewers per episode.

ireeagle

[3]Jan 22, 2006
    jhewitt3211 wrote:

The problem was that "The Mountain" was never that popular to begin with; it got less than 2 million viewers per episode.

"7th Heaven" and the old TV show "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" get at least 5-6 million viewers per episode.

It should, look at these petition websites for these other two WB shows:

www.petitiononline.com/mim

www.petitiononline.com/doover

jhewitt3211

[4]Jan 29, 2006
    ireeagle wrote:
    jhewitt3211 wrote:

It should, look at these petition websites for these other two WB shows:

www.petitiononline.com/mim

www.petitiononline.com/doover

A TV network like the WB wants shows with high Nielsen ratings.

That is why a show like "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (6-7 million viewers) lasted for at least 7 years.

The higher the Nielsen ratings, the more $$$ a TV network can get from advertising fees from sponsors and advertisers who want to run their commercials during the show’s broadcast.

If the network does NOT earn enough profit from the TV show’s advertising fees, then the network WON’T be able to pay for the cost and expense of producing the show, which means the TV network will CANCEL the show to SAVE money!

The WB canceled the "The Mountain" because it only got about 1.92 million viewers at best.

The Nielsen ratings were very low for "The Mountain" and it was only a matter of time before it got canceled.

15shows

[5]Feb 11, 2006
    • level: 7
    Thats because they put it on Sunday. If it stayed on Wednesday it would still be here. It was rare to see a WB show with good acting.

jhewitt3211

[6]Feb 18, 2006
    15shows wrote:
    Thats because they put it on Sunday. If it stayed on Wednesday it would still be here. It was rare to see a WB show with good acting.

Good Acting?

I assume you must be kidding? The lead actor Oliver Hudson was considered by most TV critics to be a pretty bad actor.

The TV show "The Mountain" was considered a badly written and mediocre soap opera to begin with.

Even an old TV show like "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" had better writing, plots, and actors like James Marster who played Spike or Anthony Head who played Giles.

The Mountain is considered one of the worst TV shows of 2004.

Here is what Matt Roush of TV Guide said about the show:

http://www.tvguide.com/TV/Roush/AskMatt/default.htm?cmsRedir=true&rmDate=10112004&cmsGuid={388D7A48-A35A-49E8-AC2C-CE2795E292F7}&cmsSrch=true

Question:

So here's the situation: I'm skimming the channels and I'm seeing on the WB all of these promos for The Mountain, not to mention the rave reviews it is getting. So before tuning in, I decide to do a search on this website to find out your thoughts on The Mountain, since you seem to be right on about a lot of shows.

In my search, I found a blurb in which you said "Don't get me started on that (The Mountain)." All right, Matt, it's time to give up the goods. Just what is it about this show that sucks? Because hey, if it does suck, I definitely don't want to waste my time. Thanks. — Rolly

Matt:

If The Mountain sucked more, it would have to be called The Vacuum.

Here's how I put it in our Fall Preview issue: "Nice scenery can't disguise the blandness of this tiresome, cliched soap... Not worth the climb."

I admit I don't read every reviewer out there, but it seems to me the critical consensus on The Mountain was almost uniformly negative.

It lacks an interesting set-up, compelling characters, decent acting. It's a big zero, and should be WB's first cancellation of the season (if they'd ever just dump something, which they rarely do).

It's dying in the ratings — and I wish WB would replay something else (Everwood?) on Sundays besides this; no one wants to watch The Mountain once, let alone twice, a week.

The reason why the show was so unpopular with TV viewers is because it was so terrible and unoriginal to begin with!

15shows

[7]Feb 21, 2006
    • level: 7
    Its too bad I dont care what they say. The acting was better then OTH's acting. And that show is still on.

ireeagle

[8]Mar 25, 2006
    Who else thinks that the WB is a stupid network, now since the WB is shutting down!!!

Firewriter23

[9]Apr 2, 2006
    • level: 3
    Dude, omg... the show was JUST getting to the best part. I can't believe they left us on some many cliffhangers and then cancelled the freakin show! I was soo pissed off when they did that, I cried. I have all the episodes on tape but I have to go home and find all of them.

ireeagle

[10]Jun 7, 2006
    Still, you need to go into this website:

www.petitiononline.com/mo1n234

jhewitt3211

[11]Jun 10, 2006

ireeagle wrote:
    Still, you need to go into this website: www.petitiononline.com/mo1n234

A TV network does not care about how many signatures are on that petition.

Do you really think that would convince the WB or any other network to change their mind?

A petition with about 9000 or 10000 signatures is NOT going to convince any TV network that they should waste their time or money bringing back that TV show, especially since the actors, writers, producer and everyone else from that show have already moved on to other TV, movie, etc. projects.

ireeagle

[12]Jun 12, 2006
    jhewitt3211 wrote:

ireeagle wrote:
    Still, you need to go into this website: www.petitiononline.com/mo1n234

A TV network does not care about how many signatures are on that petition.

Do you really think that would convince the WB or any other network to change their mind?

A petition with about 9000 or 10000 signatures is NOT going to convince any TV network that they should waste their time or money bringing back that TV show, especially since the actors, writers, producer and everyone else from that show have already moved on to other TV, movie, etc. projects.

I understand, but I just found out that the WB is shutting after messing up on most comedies and a few dramas, such as Popular and Mountain.  I don't know if I'm going to make fanfiction for this show.