The Mrs Bradley Mysteries

The Worsted Viper

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Feb 06, 2000 on BBC

• Hilariously bad.

3.5

I don't understand how others have given this a high score. I'm sure the producers meant well but this show is bad. Bad with a capital B. There are shows so bad they transcend terrible and become good but this show is just out and out rubbish. And is funny because of it.

What Diana Rigg was thinking when she agreed to do this I would like to know, maybe she fancied herself a new Mrs Marple. Who knows. She isn't. Not with this anyway.

Dire storylines, laughable acting, hamfisted themes. I would watch this if it was Sunday afternoon, the internet was broken and I was ill in bed. Or if you are in need of a serious laugh. I would, however, strongly advise against buying the DVD of this, if one was ever made. Keep your money for something else.

• Episode full of surprises and a great conclusion.

This is the last episode of the show and what a way for Mrs Bradley to end!
    It starts with a supposedly happy event, the engagement of George's daughter Cecily, but inevitably there is a murder almost as soon as Mrs. Bradley arrives. There are lots of twists and turns along the way with plenty of red herrings, each of which would be eminantly plausable as the conclusion. There are also some of the most interesting and varied sub-characters of the whole series in this episode. Also, this episode features one of my favourite scenes in the show. The part where Mrs. Bradley and George are sat in the graveyard, and they tell each other what a good team they are really sums them up and breaks down some of the formal barriers that there are.
    And the episode ends with a great surprise and a conclusion that I would never have seen coming.