The Munsters Forums

CBS (ended 1966)

Black-and-white Munsters pilot question

mythreesonsfan

[1]Jan 13, 2009
    • level: 1

I have seen the surviving footage of The Munsters color pilot (with "Phoebe" Munster and a different Eddie). I also understand that there was also an unaired black-and-white pilot with Yvonne De Carlo and Butch Patrick before the "regular" series premiered. Does anyone know if the black-and-white pilot has ever made it to DVD?

Thank you for your help.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

schmoe56789

[2]Jan 24, 2009
    • level: 23
    It should be on this DVD set: The Munsters - America's First Family of Fright along with a ton of other extras not found on the Universal Studios seasons 1 and 2 DVDs

SteveBurns

[3]Apr 14, 2009
    • level: 2
    I was under the assumption that there were four pilots, one that aired and three that did not air. Am I correct?

borisbalinkoff

[4]Feb 25, 2010
    • level: 22
    SteveBurns wrote:
    I was under the assumption that there were four pilots, one that aired and three that did not air. Am I correct?

That is correct. The one that aired was the second episode, "My Fair Munster." Shorter versions of this episode were the three unaired pilots--the two with Joan Marshall (which are almost exactly the same except for color) and one with Yvonne DeCarlo (and Eddie with his hair undone).