The Muppet Show

Ethel Merman

Aired Unknown Feb 21, 1977 on

• The late Ethel Merman stops by The Muppet Show as Fozzie tries to renegotiate his contract (Which doesn't even exist.).

On this episode of The Muppet Show the late Ethel Merman displays the talent that made her into the musical legend she is. The highlight of this episode is her first appearance when she sings a medley of her most well known show tunes with Kermit and the gang. The story of Fozzie trying to renegotiate his contract with the help of his (rather small) agent is also well done. The jokes are a little cornball, but they work regardless. The episode also has a satisfying finale with Ms. Merman lifing Fozzie's spirits with a rendition of a classic showtune.

• muppets and a broadway star, and muppets, and explosions, this is one great episode

I've been a muppets fan just about my entire life. we'd watch it in germany until we moved to the US, then when I traveled to Belgium to visit my grandmother with my dad, I'd sit in the room with the little TV and watch it, and i'd be confused at the belgian subtitles, since I was little, and didn't understand a lot about the world then, but anyways, I got the season one collection for my dad, since he's a big fan too, and this episode was on there. It's classic muppet insanity. My favorite sketch is Java, since it's just so wacky, and the mouse coming out of the teacup and singing is just something you'd have to expect. Everything about the muppets is insane and fun and mood-lifting, but having a slinky-looking creature dancing around and being blown up by another one, it's just pure fun, and a great stress relief.