The Muppet Show Forums

(ended 1981)

Songs of the Muppets

blackwolf_13

[1]Apr 18, 2007
    • level: 12

Is their anyway I can perchase songs sang by the muppets (I'm not talking about one of those little kids bop thing were they take top songs and have someone else sing them ). I'm talking about things they've sung on the muppet show and put them on a CD or sell them on itunes, cause I would really like to have this song that was sang in season 1 by I think Kermit's nephew where he's sitting in the middle of the stairs that was really cute. If not I think they should.

"Halfway Down the Stairs" ! Now I remember it!

Edited on 04/18/2007 3:53pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ketg

[2]Jul 20, 2007
    • level: 5
    Amazon has "The Muppet Show:Music Mayhem and More-25th Anniversary Collection" starting under $10. I have it, and it has some good stuff on it, but I don't think it has the one you are talking about. Sorry. But maybe it's on a different collection I don't know about.

rockinlibrarian

[3]Aug 2, 2007
    • level: 3
    My family had an album-- LP, released while the show was actually out-- called simply "The Muppet Show Cast Album" (I think. It might also be "The Official Muppet Show Cast Album" or "The Original...."). It was GREAT. It had "Halfway Down the Stairs," as well as stuff like the "Mahna Mahna" song (if I spelled that right!), and a bunch of sketches. I have been trying in vain to find it on another format, ie CD, ever since I lost the tape I made of it several years ago, but I don't think it was ever rereleased! ! Your best bet would be stumbling upon it at a garage sale or scouring eBay for it... assuming you have a turntable to play it on. I have a turntable, but I never remember to go rooting through my family's record collection when I'm over....

There was also a sequel album too, but it wasn't as great. Still good, but not nearly as great.

Lokar

[4]Oct 27, 2007
    • level: 26

I would have to say "The Lime in the Coconut." Every time I hear that song, I have to smile. (No apologies if you go around singing it after reading this.)

kermitman14

[5]Jan 3, 2008
    • level: 11

If you want "Halfway Down The Stairs", get the Muppet Wizard of Oz cd. It's called "Best of the Muppets featuring Muppet Wizard of Oz". It's half Oz, half Muppet classics including (what you want), the muppet show theme song, bein'green, happy feet and more!

clos_vf

[6]May 9, 2008
    • level: 12
    i can always remember mahna mahna that was a classic song by those alien sort of puppets on the show. I love that song and skit!

WWinnieF

[7]Apr 10, 2010
    • level: 20
    The following blog--Muppet Musicque--has music up for DL.