The Naked Archaeologist

Wednesday 8:30 PM on History Television Premiered Jan 09, 2007 Between Seasons

The Naked Archaeologist Fan Reviews (7)

• One of the better educational program on TV today or yesterday.

Rather you believe the Bible is the word of God or just a book of stories this is one show you need to see. And no he is not naked. If you are one who feel you need for than faith to believe in God and our Lord Jesus Christ then this show will start you on te road to being saved, if you do not fear the truth.
    For those who are believers this is a great Bible study. You will develop a better understanding of the Bible and the times of our Lord and the Bible. You will be challenge to study more and ask more questions. You wil get to know the people of the Bible and the way they lived.
  • Great show or "the greatest show?"

Mr. Jacobovici brings the best of the best archaeological/biblical stories to the public in a way that inspires to a world sorely lacking ground-truth. Relevant to today? - what could be more relevant than ground-truth to today's Middle East issues? The stories backed by hard evidence prove the bible correct time after time and validate truth in a world full of shades of gray. Mr. Jacobovici presents the evidence for the audience to decide. Is it a fish on the Roman graveyard or a method of counting bricks? Is it a depiction of the temple? Did the siege at Masada really happen? You decide... Critics can attend arcane archaeological conferences and wallow in the minutia, if they so desire. The world needs those detailed experts too. For me, give me more Naked Archaeology! Expand Mr Jacobici's budget and time slot - it is perhaps, the best show on TV.
  • Amateur archaeologist takes the viewer on a zany tour of middle eastern history.

7.2
    Simcha Jacobovici makes no apologies for his Jewish religious heritage, but he is anything but conservative. He has made claims of having identified the "real" Mount Sinai, finding a medallion with a picture of the Lost Ark of the Covenant on it and even made world-wide headlines when he claimed to find the tomb of Jesus. Obviously a person like this can only be taken so seriously, yet his show is amazingly entertaining for a documentary. Simcha if you read this might want to contact Graham Philips of England. The two of you would make a good pair.
  • dvd's

I love this show but I do not find it much any more in the NYC area. I need to find cipies of the shows on dvd to watch at home .
  • Exceellent series debunking some of the biggest myths of all time.

Great series shedding much needed light on the historical inaccuracies in the Holy Books.
  • Swan Song for Simcha?

What happened to the show? Is it going to be on TV again anytime soon? This is a great show; very informative and always challenging the "status quo" when it comes to Biblical and historical facts. Hopefully Simcha will be back on the air soon.........
  • giants

4.5
    I CANT BELIEVE THAT MR. JACOBOVICI SAID THAT THERE WERE NO GIANTS. IF HE WOULD OPEN HIS TORA TO NUM. 13.33 OR DEUTERONOMY 3.11 HE WOULD KNOW THAT THEY DID WALK THIS EARTH.