The Naked Brothers Band

Mystery Girl

Aired Saturday 8:30 PM Oct 18, 2008 on Nickelodeon

• REMEMBERING GOOD TIMES

I REMEBER WHEN NBB WAS ON TEENNICK I LOVE THIS SHOW TEN AND ...P.S AT IS SOOOO CUTE SUPD ROSALINA KISSIN ON MY BOYFREIND...
  • CHOKED UP

this is one of my favorite episodes. You got Miranda Cosgrove, you got a 30 somethin year old man afraid of a 14 year old and still wants his mommy for help, you got really good songs from the naked brothers band and the three wacky boys (thomas, david, and quassim) always gettin into trouble. Only thing is that in almost every episode after Rosealina and Nat started dating they fight in every one. I dont like it,in my opionion they should stayed friends. That song "your smile" that Nat sings at the end chokes me up every time, i just wanted to burst out crying. Im glad he did that for Rosealina but he started, yelling at Rosealina, i mean yah she shoulda told him first but she wanted to see if she wanted to go. But even though he made up with her thier gunna fight again because they should of stayed friends
  • The review says it all :)

Overall, this episode was pretty good. It was one of the funnier/ more romantic episodes. I did find some things in this movie that were below the "10" average. I thought the part where Jesse sung opera under the sink was a little far-fetched, even thought it was meant to be fake...but If it was meant to be real, then it would be DEFINETELY far-fetched...lol. The director was HYSTERICAL. They shouldnt've took him out of the season. I actually thought he was cool, except for the pushing hard of Rosalina....The ending was very cute, and I once again think that this episode did very well. This show made a great start :)
  • I knew following up Polar Bears was going to be a challenge and while this movie is not bad, it is a step down from that.

The main issue here is that it felt like stuff was missing. The story line was a fairly good one but there was not enough humor in it. Alex in my opinion is the main source of humor in the show and while he has some funny parts, it was not enough. On the positive side they have been able to make Nat's relationship with Rosalina feel very real and interesting. I was hoping Nat would have felt more of an attraction to Miranda and had been confused about it longer then he was but I need to give them credit for handling the relationships very well. The music is also best it has ever been. Your Smile, Face in the Hall, and Blueberry Cotton are all great songs. Scary World was the only disappointment because it sounded to me like a show tune. One bad song did not upset me that much. In conclusion this was good but not great and far from the best the show has given us. I still can not wait to watch the rest of the season
  • I dont wanna write this summary. GRRRRRRR. Any who...They are making a movie the chick said she is a bad actor she won a contest gets to go around the world tells nat they get in a fight they make up kiss and blah blah mother (bad word) blah

Im not to big of a fan of the naked brothers. I think they are (bad word) and stupid. I have watched the show a few times. They are such big (bad word) it is funny so i get into the show. Then i see the story line in some episodes and i cant stop watching. Me and my friend where at home getting ready for a party me sit down and watch TV. I Carly is on so we watch it then naked brothers come on the TV. We watched it and the story line pulled us in and we liked the movie. Why? They are so stupid it is funny,the chick in the band is hot, and we enjoyed the story line. This was a pretty good show. This of only 4 episodes of the naked brothers band i liked. It is a bad show put it is good at the same time. I give the movie a 8 of 10 and give the tv show a 7.3 out of 10. Sadly i kind of wanna watch the new movie on Nov 27th or what ever day it is on. Naked brothers are the funnest (bad word).
  • A big step down from "Polar Bears"

4.5
    A long wait did not provide the fruits in which I so hoped that it. The 'season' premiere "Mystery Girl" was a bit of a let down, yet not as much as I was preparing myself for. It had alot of potential going for it, it had an interesting plot, great actors and great music but in all honesty it just wasn't that good.

In many areas I felt that the episode failed to make a connection leaving a small feeling of being unfulfilled. Yet there was still a good amount of awkwardness that was appropriately used and used well. The Nat/Roslaina/Mirinda part was done well for the most part, but there was still enough that seemed uninspired.

The cheek that we saw during the last two seasons and the movie was now few and far between, and it was those moments that connected more than the others. The stand out moment was Alex pieing himself, it came together strongly and unlike other areas of the episode it hit bang on.

Interestingly enough I was not really satisfied by the level of acting from any of the main cast, some parts were great while others missed the mark. Of those actors we have seen before I will have to tip my hat to Teala Dunn (Juanita) she was bang on in every scene she was in and it is pleasing to see.

I felt during filming that the look was there, but usually they were not supported by the acting or in some cases the writing. That said the playing of "My Smile" for Rosalina was done well, as were [i]some[/i] of the arguments earlier on. In regards to the episode and especially that finally scene I only have one thing to say....WHOO NEW ZEALAND!