The Naked Brothers Band

Nat is a Stand Up Guy

Aired Saturday 8:30 PM Feb 10, 2007 on Nickelodeon

7.8
  • So much potential, but not realized.

3.7
    Episode Review – "Nat is a Stand Up Guy"

Overall 3.7/10

Storyline 2/10

This has to be one of my least favourite storylines of the season. It is said that first impressions are lasting impression and that was especially true with this one. The first scene was bad, and the rest of the episode did not get much better. The only parts worthy of noting were the concert onwards, it was the best part of the episode, but not so great that it was worth sitting through the rest of it. It is a number of notches above "A Man Needs a Maid", but it was difficult to filter the good from the bad. Acting 4.4/10

This has been difficult to pull away from the bad plot, but has once again kept the episode of the bottom of the pile. Nat would have to be the actor I found most convincing but the others were not far behind, although Thomas David and Quassim seemed to be more props than anything else. Although it has held up the episode it does not come close to where it should have been.

Producing/Directing/Editing 5/10

The editing is a lot better than "A Man Needs a Maid" and is one of the few small things that separated the two. There is not a lot more that I can add it was pretty standard.

Character Development 0.2/10

There again has been limited to no character development which does not allow a lot of progression. Nat trying his hand at stand up comedy is the sole thing worth mentioning.

Music 5.5/10

"Catch Up With the End" – It is a relatively good song, deep and true, however it is this episode that ruined the song more or more accurately the first scene, with out I could be more open to enjoying it.

Dialogue 5/10

The dialogue barely comes through as average, a couple of areas worth mentioning are Nat's stand up act, which is too old and to a degree inappropriate for him and Alex who lines on several occasions seemed out of character. Despite this I did have a couple of contenders for quote of the episode, but this one just topped the others.

"Butt-face is a funny word" – George Lopez