The Naked Brothers Band

Uncle Miles

Aired Saturday 8:30 PM Mar 08, 2008 on Nickelodeon

• Jokingly I gave this episode 10/10 solely because Betty left, having seen it, I was pleased with how close it got. I am still debating whether this is the best episode of any show i have seen, and is a far better version of the song

Overall 9.5/10
    Comments

Storyline 9/10
    I struggle to find anything to really fault this episode. It contained a good mix of light hearted moments and the serious and for lack of a better word emotional moments. The story flowed well to it's self and is the best Naked Brother Band episode to date.

Acting 9.5/10

Alex was magnificent in this episode. Most of the time nothing needed to be said as everything was put out so well. Nat was great as well however I did find his first laugh unconvincing. Michael Wolff did a great job as both Sonny and Miles, he is one of the few people who has played to two people in a show that has done it well, the only other one that comes to mind is Anthony Starr (Van and Jethro West – Outrageous Fortune) Betty (Catharine Curtain) was good and as much as I hate the character and hate what she did, I have to say she did it well. Producing/Directing/Editing 8/10

This was done well during the episode , there were a couple of moments I was not sure about but this episode was great and this is a rare occasion when I don't think it necessary to drag down the episode. Character Development 10/10

For once I can say without reservation that I could not see how this could have been better. Betty was introduced into the show in the worst way imaginable, she left in perhaps the best. This shows the improvement between then and now and I can't wait to see what season 3 has instore.

Music 10/10

'Changing' – This song compliments the episode on so many levels, and although I considered it the worst song on the album (mainly down to vocals) It is, simply put one of the most touching songs I've heard, especially with the context of the episode. I shudder to think what the episode would have been like without this song.

Dialogue 9.5/10

This is another area which a found great. The lines suited the characters and the mood and just as importantly when nothing needed to be said… it wasn't. I couldn't find a single line for my quote of the episode.