The Naked Brothers Band

VMA's

Aired Saturday 8:30 PM Feb 03, 2007 on Nickelodeon

• After the movie, this is a shocking episode, but on par with the rest of the season. a number of things ruined the episode but you will have to read it to find out.

4.3
    Episode Review "VMAs" 4.3/10

This is the only episode to have followed the documentary style with the voice over and the time and place cards, however I felt this was only done half heartedly.

Storyline 5/10

This storyline relatively strange in the regards that although I can only find one major thing worth noting and couple which are in to some degree technicalities. The major thing should not come as a surprise, but is in regards to the song chosen to win the VMA. "Banana Smoothie" is in no way, or is ever likely to be considered rock; the video itself was not special in any sense of the word. A better song should have been used, and thus would have provided better means for a better Rock video. The other comments I have are that the characters are far too aware of the cameras, I think it is alright sparingly, but camera interaction (unless in interview style like the movie) should be severely limited. The other is the feeling of being ripped of to a degree with the awards ceremony; I think more should have been shown in regards to this.

Acting 6.5/10 Acting in general was good however I felt it was weakened by the characters being too aware of the cameras, this is not necessarily a bad thing, but it needs to be restrained, not ignore the cameras in the entirety, but restrict the talking to the camera unless done in the interview style. However back to the acting, I can't add a lot more but I was pleased, I will to take my hat of to Nat, who with his pants around his ankles and was obviously embarrassed, managed to contain it enough to appear more so when it was pointed out.

Producing/Directing/Editing 5/10

I think I have managed to contain myself as not to pull the entire episode apart, in which I am pleased to say is most likely what I would have needed to do. Instead I will leave you with my main complaint about this category and my nitpick of the episode. My main complaint ruined a lot of the episode, perhaps sounds abit harsh, but it is the best way to describe the fast forwarded segment. I could assume it was an attempt to make it a bit funnier and if it was, It didn't work… on me at least. My nitpick, isn't quite as hard as the name suggest, but I noticed Alex's hat falling over his eyes while playing "I'm out" but in the next scene it was fine, this is my nitpick as it took me over ten minutes to confirm if it did happen in which I am 95% sure. It was not major, but it was noticeable, thankfully it was the only one.

Character Development 2/10

I don't have a lot to say about the character development, it was almost non-existent with only one event worth mentioning. The introduction Quassim to replace Josh was alright, although I think it could have been done better than over one line.

Music 2/10 'Has no relevance to the episode'* this quote from my review of "A man needs a maid" applies to both songs, but was intended for "Banana Smoothie". It is not worthy for a VMA especially as a Rock video. "I'm Out" was the better song of the two, and lacked relevance to this episode; I believe it would have been better suited to "Rebel and a Skateboarder".

Dialogue 5.5/10

I have no problem with what has been said in the episode, but it did seem to be less funny than the movie and some other episodes. Due to this I was unable to select a humorous comment, as I like to do, for my quote of the episode. Instead I have selected the one gives the opinion I expressed to a lesser degree about the end of the movie.

"What about those knuckleheads that left. Nat must be an idiot to take those guys back." - Matt Pinfield Nothing against Thomas or David, but I know that I would never have let them back in.

* S. Hannagan YMP – "A Man Needs a Maid Review"