The Name of the Game Forums

NBC (ended 1971)

Which One of the Three Did You Like Best?

pirategennie

[1]Sep 18, 2006
    • level: 10

For me it was Franciosa, especially in the episode in which he goes back to his old neighborhood and all is not well.  Unfortunately for me, they seemed to show the other too way more often.  And say, isn't anyone ever going to rerun these dated little slices of history for us?  I wouldn't mind seeing that episode again!  They didn't HAVE VCRs for private citizens back then!

g

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RHennessey1952

[2]Apr 3, 2007
    • level: 3
    Gene Barry as Glen Howard was my favorite.

barsoom

[3]Sep 7, 2007
    • level: 9

I have to admit that I liked all three of the main leads with a small bias for Tony Franciosa as he was the one closest to my own age. I also had a bit of a "school boy" crush on Susan Saint James. Which led to me never missing an episode of the later series "McMillian and Wife".

However, the episode that sticks in my mind the most was a third season one, "Los Angeles 2017". It was written by Philip Wylie who had written one of my favourite Sci-Fi novels "When Worlds Collide" and also went on to write the made-for-TV movie "The Marcus-Nelson Murders" which premiered Telly Savalas as NY Cop Lieutenant Theo Kojak.

It was a SF themed episode where Glen Howard (Gene Barry) travelled in time to LA in 2017, got into trouble and finally returned to the "present" by waking-up when his car ran out of gas (he was dreaming because his car's exhaust was leaking and had put him to sleep).

Something I didn't know until recently was that this episode was directed by a young up-start director just starting out in Hollywood, Steven Spielberg!

marvelfan89

[4]May 30, 2008
    • level: 39

I like Robert STack so gotta go with him although Gene Barry from what I have seen.

"Los Angeles 2017" was ok but could have been so much better. It was still entertaining.