The Nanny

CBS (ended 1999)

Zypherix

The Nanny Fan Reviews page 4 of 4

• The Nanny is a show any woman can enjoy.

The Nanny is NOT a man hating show,I will tell you that right now.I love this show and the only reason I pointed out the fact that it is not a man hating show is that my brother just told me he thinks it is so I wanted to let everyone have a positive opinion.Sorry for wasting your time...
  • The I Love Lucy of the 90's

This show has some mixed feelings for me. When it first started to air, I would sit at the dinner table at night, after work, with my mom, watching the show together. She LOVED it. (on those nights I would work late, she would record it, and we would watch it together).

After she passed away, I continued to try to watch it. I would laugh at the stuff "Ms. Fine" would do or get into, but with the laughter would be the feeling of "I wish my mom was here to laugh with me". (No one else in my family watched hte show with me). So, by then end of that season, I had stopped watching the show.

However, I did watch the last episode. I figured that I had to watch it, in memory of my mom.
  • 'The Nanny' cracked me up during the 90s.....but for some reason, it's even funnier in syndication! Maybe because I appreciate the punchlines much better now that I'm older :) Nevertheless, definitely worth seeing every episode again.

'The Nanny' cracked me up during the 90s.....but for some reason, it's even funnier in syndication! Maybe because I appreciate the punchlines much better now that I'm older :) Nevertheless, definitely worth seeing every episode again. The four leading actors have great timing and chemistry. Looking forward to its DVD release..
  • Hilariously wonderful! This show is just gold...

I don't think there's ever been a show as hilarious as this one. And, as I usually catch the 1 AM showings on Lifetime, sometimes I've had to fight to keep from bursting out laughing as the rest of my family sleeps on.

With every episode made of pure gold comedy - from the queen of comedy herself, Fran Drescher - this show has become one of my all time favorites. The actors work so well off each other, it's no wonder the show was so successful.

It's a romantic comedy - with six whole seasons of humor and love. With five seasons dedicated to whether or not Fran and Maxwell would get together, it's also a great show for the romantic in all of us. You know you were all dying to see them get together.

The show's a classic, and forever will be. With this new DVD release of it - even though the show ended in 1999, it will continue to live on (in reruns and our DVD players!)
  • Best Show EVER!!

I think this is the best show ever!! The chemistry between the characters is awesome. Fran always seems to get herself into a mess in each episode. And in each episode she finds a way out. Niles the butler always has a funny comment to make, and they're usually directed towards C.C. Throughout the first few seasons of the show, I was always waiting for Fran and Maxwell to get together (even though I knew it was inevitable that they would, I wanted to know when and how). I can't wait until the show is released onto DVD!! I am going to buy every single season!!
  • The Nanny faces on Fran Drescher who takes on the job as a nanny to three children: Brighton, Maggie, and Gracie. Her life turns around as she makes friends with butler Niles, and gets into a so-called 'intimate' relationship with Maxwell. Too bad her mot

The Nanny is possibly the best show I've ever seen. Not only are the jokes fresh, but everything is fresh! It is a whole new take on the sitcom, and I'll tell you why. It tells jokes that carry on over seasons, which keeps viewers tuned in. Yet, at the same time, it is a great show for one person to just jump in. I watched it only a few times during its real run throughout the years, but finally began watching it in reruns.

It stars Fran Drescher, Charles Shaungessy, and Lauren Lane as well as Daniel Davis, Renee Taylor, Nicolle Tom, and even has had most notable guests like Ray Charles, George Clinton, and lots of stars. The 6th and last season was ultimately the funniest season, especially 'The Leggy Blonde' and the 'Finale' with both parts. It was truly an enjoyable show to watch. 9.8!
1 2 3 4 >