The Nanny

The Finale (2)

Aired Wednesday 8:30 PM May 12, 1999 on CBS

• Overall, a brilliantly acted and written episode, and a definite tear jerker! *this review is for parts 1 and 2*

The Nanny is a classic TV show, and for it to end is really very sad! But, it is one of the few shows that ended with grace. The beginning was funny and immeadiately grabbed your attention.

Then we go to Fran and Maxwell\'s anniversary party, where all is going very well. What with the song, the dancing, the blimp (no, not Fran!) Niles decides, why not propose to C.C? C.C. surprise surprise, runs off.

Fran being the yenta that she is, chases C.C. into an elevator. But, wouldn\'t it figure that the elevator gets stuck, and the EMERGENCY button just ain\'t working. As if that is not enough for poor, poor C.C, Fran goes into labour. C.C. will avoid looking \'down there\' at all costs and is determined that the babies will be born, when they leave the elevator!

Thankfully, Maggie overhears Fran in the elevator and Max and Niles etc run upstairs. However, no one can fix the elevator, but when C.C. agrees to marry Niles, he forces it open!!! Then, they discover Fran is in labour and off to the hospital they go!

But, C.C. has been feeling nauscious ever since she said yes and needs Fran\'s advice. Fran however, is not so sympathetic! Since she is in labour!!! Fran, grumpily tells C.C. that when she says I do, she will feel better!

So, C.C. and Niles get married right there! Then, Fran gives birth to two healthy children, and the mother and father are overjoyed at how far they\'ve come! Fran decides to name the babies \'Jonah Samuel after my great grandfather and Eve Katherine after your great grandmother.\' As they hold their children and share a kiss, they both achieve what they wanted! Fran and Maxwell are married with two children, and have found their soulmates, each other. Then C.C. and Niles discover some SHOCKING news, they\'re going to have a baby!

The next day, Fran and Max drop off Brighton and Maggie at the airport, and Fran cannot say goodbye to her children. She is left heartbroken over seeing her babies grow up! After staying in the airport for nine hours, they leave with Gracie and the twins. Then Fran and Max are forced to leave their home, where memories are just everywhere! and Fran remembers with \'Shades of the Orient\' back to when she was just a salesgirl for cosemetics. Now, she is a wife and mother, and has everything she ever wanted!

This episode was bittersweet and perfect, but I knocked off .5 because I felt the Chastity Claire and Niles thing was a little rushed! I mean, the wedding, the baby! Or maybe I am alone on that one.

Well, personally, a fantastic episode! And a brilliant series finale!