The New Adventures of He-Man

(ended 1991)

The New Adventures of He-Man Fan Reviews (3)

• There is thought behind this show, which is a nice surprise, from all the bad that I have heard about this show... it's not the original, but it can stand on it's own feet after one sits down and watches a few episodes.

I've seen screen shots and what the figures looked like, so as a hard core Masters fan, I thought it would be quite hard to watch. But, keeping an open mind and allowing for change, I found the short lived series not so bad.

Of course, I miss all the old characters. He-man/Prince Adam just isn't as unique and 'magical' as the original, but also not intolerable either on the same token. Skeletor, is quite different, but once you get use to the new voice, looks and mannerisms of him, he is quite sarcastically witty (which I can personally appreciate, as I too have a sarcastic sense of humor).

So, I will be sure to purchase both DVD sets of new adventures, however, I won't be on ebay trying to get the original figures, etc. It's a must see for hard core fans, good to have in the collection, but that is about it. Give it a try, its not so bad with an open mind and love of all things from Eternia!!