The New Adventures of Old Christine

Faith Off

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Apr 16, 2007 on CBS

5.7
  • 22 minute ad for HOME DEPOT. Despicable attempt to replace plot with product placement!

1.9
    I watched the episode "Faith Off" and was disgusted to see that half the episode was them talking about Home Depot and then shopping (twice!) at the store and talking about it's products.

Now the inital joke about Matthew not knowing what Home Depot was - I didn't mind. It was sexist and not very funny but I didn't mind one reference to a particular store. However when featuring the store REPLACES and tries to pretend it is plot, then it is untenable.

I really liked the show but I'm not sure I can ever watch it again now. I have written to CBS to express my anger and disappointment. I have also written to Home Depot to express my anger (at not only their poor rating on BuyBlue.org) but that they think they can buy my attention by insiduously and indirectly trying to "sneak" their way in by pretending to be part of the plot. I accept ads as a necessary evil, I could even have dealt with it better if up front they had said "this episode was sponsored/paid for" by Home Depot. But there was no mention that I'm sure they paid tons of money to get what amounts to a 22 minute commercial disguised as entertainment! Please join me in telling CBS what we think of tv becoming nothing but ads (this is the second tv show in about a week that did this -- see Andy Barker PI from about a week ago - for a LONG discussion of GAP.com & its products).