The New Adventures of Old Christine

New Adventures of Old Christine

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Mar 10, 2008 on CBS

5.5
  • It would be very difficult for any episode to surpass the previous installment (Between a Rock and a Hard Place) in my mind, so I will try judge this one on it's own merits. And in that regard, it does very well.

The recent episodes have shown a remarkable turn-around as the show has really found its pace. Christine (Julia Louis-Dreyfus) appears to have finally defined her character (and the writers have gotten in sync with her).

In this installment, Christine, who can't decide if she should be dating or not, and if she sould be dating - who, ends up dateless at one concert and with a very young blind date at another. The young man, a co-worker of New Christine turns out to live with his mother (who may or may not be younger than Old Christine - in reality Gigi Rice is four years younger) and he seems to get younger right before our eyes. As usual, Christine needs to talk things out with Matthew (Hamish Linklater) which is always the best part of the show.

Flights between reality, denial and then alternate realities are getting to be the main theme of this show as Old Christine is pulled between all of the possible paths she could follow. We would tell our close friends to just pick one and go with it if they were in the same position as Ol' Chris. But in this case, watching her dangle, with no consequences to us, is our guilty pleasure.

As usual, good lines and scenes for all of the supporting cast who only seem to appear when they have something very funny to say.