TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

New Pooh Show!

crazysilence

[1]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 18
    They are making a new Pooh series called My Friends Tigger and Pooh. It will debut on Playhouse Disney in 2007. Christopher Robin will not appear very often due to copyrights so he will be replaced by a girl named Darby. But Christopher Robin will still appear sometimes. The new series will be computer animated.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

isud12

[2]Sep 16, 2006
    • level: 24

crazysilence wrote:
    They are making a new Pooh series called My Friends Tigger and Pooh. It will debut on Playhouse Disney in 2007. Christopher Robin will not appear very often due to copyrights so he will be replaced by a girl named Darby. But Christopher Robin will still appear sometimes. The new series will be computer animated.

I think this is only a show to try and make money, but I heard this show would be made from DNA Pro. This companny is the creator of Jimmy Neutron.

GiverSSJ

[3]Sep 30, 2006
    • level: 13
    I think the show is going to have Lumpy in it.

agent_0042

[4]Nov 8, 2006
    • level: 66
    Guys, this show is going to be great. It's going to be CGI, it's gonna have Lumpy and Christopher Robin is still gonna be there. Just hang tight, I think this is gonna be really good. I intend to edit the guide for the show whenever TV.com gets around to adding it.

DannyPhantom212

[5]Nov 8, 2006
    • level: 1
    agent_0042 wrote:
    Guys, this show is going to be great. It's going to be CGI, it's gonna have Lumpy and Christopher Robin is still gonna be there. Just hang tight, I think this is gonna be really good. I intend to edit the guide for the show whenever TV.com gets around to adding it.

Here is the cast of the show
    Jim Cummings- Winnie The Pooh/Tigger
    Travis Oates - Piglet
    Chloe Moretz - Darby
    Max Burkholder - Roo
    Ken Sansom - Rabbit
    Peter Cullen - Eeyore
    Kath Soucie - Kanga
    Dee Bradly Baker- Buster
    Struan Erlenborn - Christopher Robin

-From DannyPhantom212

Kametsou

[6]Nov 28, 2006
    • level: 31
    I can't wait, either.

I really think the show's going to be one of the better shows on Playhouse Disney.

Tubelubber

[7]Feb 10, 2007
    • level: 58
    But this is gonna be a first. Piglet is going to be voiced by someone other than John Fielder (RIP) from now on.

PPG-Katelyn

[8]Feb 11, 2007
    • level: 16

DannyPhantom212 wrote:
    agent_0042 wrote:
    Here is the cast of the show Jim Cummings- Winnie The Pooh/Tigger Travis Oates - Piglet Chloe Moretz - Darby Max Burkholder - Roo Ken Sansom - Rabbit Peter Cullen - Eeyore Kath Soucie - Kanga Dee Bradly Baker- Buster Struan Erlenborn - Christopher Robin -From DannyPhantom212

I hope Travis Oates does a good job on Piglet's voice.

oldnick11

[9]Feb 20, 2007
    • level: 7
    I don't know why everyone is so happy! First of all, I used to love the old Winnie the Pooh from the 70's. I also used to watch the New adventures all the time.An that one on Disney channel with puppets, that at least was descent. But CGI? It's just like what they did to Mickey mouse on Disney Channel. THis is just one more step in eliminating traditional animation at Disney, so now he future generations of kids will never now any other kind of animation than computer.

(Rant over)

JJMCSPooh

[10]Feb 26, 2007
    • level: 4
    I'm certain that it will never be half as good as the "New Adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh", but I hope it will be descent.

wwfpooh

[11]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 20
    oldnick11 wrote:
    I don't know why everyone is so happy! First of all, I used to love the old Winnie the Pooh from the 70's. I also used to watch the New adventures all the time.An that one on Disney channel with puppets, that at least was descent. But CGI? It's just like what they did to Mickey mouse on Disney Channel. THis is just one more step in eliminating traditional animation at Disney, so now he future generations of kids will never now any other kind of animation than computer.

(Rant over)
    Agreed. But if rumors hold true, Disney may revert back to what it was best at--2D animation, that is--in 2008.

rushinglucy

[12]Aug 4, 2007
    • level: 11

Umm...

I actually took a look at the new Pooh show and well...how can I say this...

THIS MAKES "THE MANY ADVENTURES OF WINNIE THE POOH" AND "THE NEW ADVENTURES OF WINNIE THE POOH" LOOK LIKE THE TWO GREATEST PROJECTS DISNEY'S EVER DONE!!!

I mean, they messed up everything! Since when does Tigger think, think, think, and since when does Pooh and Tigger transform into sweaters and actually...oh my God...

They hardly have Christopher in any of the episodes, if you cut off most of Darby's hair she looks like Christopher if he had dyed his haired, which I thought was really disturbing, Beaver's black fur is changed to brown, which I thought was unattractive (brown is NOT his color),and Owl (another valuable 100 Acre Woodcharacter) has been completely cut out!

Yes, it's child-friendly, and is suitable for 4-year-olds, but I suggest that if you ever see a small child watch this, thinking it's the greatest thing in the world, I suggest you show the New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

That way, they'll be able to see that Hundred Acre Wood was just fine before Darby and Buster moved in!!!

I meanthey could have at least made an episode that talks abouthow Christopher must've decided to leave and not be around as much anymore, why Owl has disappeared, and how the hell Darby and Buster were able to talk Pooh and Tigger into becoming "The Super Slueths".

Man, if A.A. Milne were still alive, he probably wouldn't have allowed this. I wish he knew what's been going on.

It's like everything we've ever known about Winnie the Pooh is disappearing and the only thing we have left to cherish is the memory of knowing that we know the REAL Winnie the Pooh andhow it shouldn't die like this, not in the hands of some punk and her pet dog.

Heck I bet when the Hundred Acre Woods characters met this littlebrat I bet they immediately forgot life before she showed up, which they shouldn't have.

BRING BACK THE REAL WINNIETHE POOH!!

The one we knew and loved in the seventies and eighties...notsome sluething detective, but the character who cared for Christopher Robin and did not forget about him like he didin thiscomputer animated trash!

wwfpooh

[13]Aug 6, 2007
    Well, thankfully, there is a lawsuit going on for the Pooh franchise between Disney (who owns their versions of the characters), Sleishnger [sp?] (who owns the American merchandising rights), and Clare Milne (A.A. Milne's grand-daughter--and thusly, Christopher Robin Milne's younger relative--who wants to preserve her family's legacy)...Hopefully, Clare wins so that she could return things back to 'normal' and back to how they're supposed to be (i.e. preserve Christopher's memory by reviving his animated counterpart).
    Edited on 08/06/2007 8:09am

rushinglucy

[14]Aug 17, 2007

This lawsuit news is great news!!!

wwfpooh

[15]Aug 18, 2007
    rushinglucy wrote:

This lawsuit news is great news!!!

Not if it puts the franchise further into the hole...

jordanb103

[16]Dec 16, 2007
    • level: 7

this is horrible! i wish this new stupid pooh show never exsisted! walt disney should see this but to bad he died like 50 years ago.

these people running playhouse disney and disney channel are somewhat ruining walt disney! i mean my friends tigger and pooh

buzz on maggie wizards of waverly place and higglytown heroes are some shows that are ruining walt disney! i like the original shows. i want no more new things in walt disney. this is so idioticly stupid these new shows exxspecialy my friends tigger and pooh!

wwfpooh

[17]Dec 23, 2007
    Not to mention teeny-bopper shows like That's So NOT Raven, The NOT-So Suite Life of Zack and Cody, and Hannah Mon-Crap-ola-On-A-Stick-A.

CDCB

[18]Jan 23, 2009
    • level: 34

Ugh. My Friends Tigger and Pooh is extremely hard to watch, even if there's nothing on. They should just bring back The Book of Pooh. That is way better entertainment for preschoolers. I'm glad I have almost every BOP episode recorded.

WWinnieF

[19]Feb 5, 2009
    CDCB wrote:

Ugh. My Friends Tigger and Pooh is extremely hard to watch, even if there's nothing on. They should just bring back The Book of Pooh. That is way better entertainment for preschoolers. I'm glad I have almost every BOP episode recorded.

I prefer the animated versions honestly. But in comparison between MFT&P, I prefer BoP & WtPC to MFT&P anyday.

rushinglucy

[20]Feb 28, 2009
    Nothing is as it should be I guess.