Winnnie-The-Pooh, Gone?

Do You want to make Winnie the Pooh Reborn?

WWinnieF

[21]Apr 2, 2009
    • level: 20
    Animaniacs1990 wrote:
    I definatly think this show should still air on TV. The direction that Disney has took is f*cking disgraceful with their Playhouse Disney and their Disney XD crap. Bring back the old Disney cartoons. Kids of today do not know what they're missing.
    Though I agree, others seem intent on saying that today's Disney is where it is and that we're out of touch.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

agent_0042

[22]Jul 5, 2009
    • level: 66
    I don't recall ever saying that I had any problem with this show. Just that I don't have any problem with My Friends Tigger & Pooh either. Some of Disney's other current shows, on the other hand...

wwfpooh wrote:
    The distribution rights were given to Disney & the rights to make the first films--i.e. the 70's shorts--were given to Disney. Disney just misinterpreted those rights to mean that they get control over all of Milne's work and the characters therein, which is NOT true, because--by all rights--they belong to Milne's living relatives and his estate.

So are you saying that Milne's family just tired of fighting Disney? That's interesting, because the people involved with Tarzan still seem to have a pretty tight grip on Disney.

P.S.: If that's the case, isn't New Adventures just as much against that as either The Book of Pooh or My Friends Tigger & Pooh?
    Edited on 07/05/2009 7:52pm
    Edited 2 total times.

WWinnieF

[23]Jul 9, 2009
    Really, it seems as though Clare Milne is just largely against the newest CGI incarnation and the previous puppet form, because unlike the truly animated cartoons (the 70's shorts and this show) that included her father in animated form (she is CR's daughter and A.A. Milne's granddaughter after all) and clearly made homages to the style utilized by Milne family friend, Ernest H. Shepard, these new versions pretty much exclude her father's presence (although the fact that CR himself--when alive--wanted to distance himself from his childhood fame sort of helped) and are nothing like the versions that her family said could be created. But--indeed--if you want to get technical about the matter, this beloved cartoon series shouldn't have been created either considering the contract Disney had with the Milne estate and I guess the breach of contract is what constantly revitalizes this on-again-off-again war between the Milne family and Disney.
    Edited on 07/09/2009 4:10pm
    Edited 3 total times.

rushinglucy

[24]Jul 12, 2009
    • level: 11
    No fear! Winnie the pooh will return on Disney Channel in replace of Dave the Barbarian starting August 23rd, 2009 at either 3:00 am or 4:00 am . Depends on where you live.

agent_0042

[25]Jul 14, 2009
    rushing -- do you have a direct link proving this? That's good news if it's true, but I hate unverified rumors.

WWinnieF

[26]Jul 16, 2009
    rushinglucy wrote:
    No fear! Winnie the pooh will return on Disney Channel in replace of Dave the Barbarian starting August 23rd, 2009 at either 3:00 am or 4:00 am . Depends on where you live.
    Got proof?

agent_0042

[27]Jul 16, 2009
    The only source I've been able to find is Wikipedia, which is notoriously unreliable.

CDCB

[28]Jul 18, 2009
    • level: 34

agent_0042 wrote:
    The only source I've been able to find is Wikipedia, which is notoriously unreliable.

I agree. Where's the real proof?

agent_0042

[29]Jul 19, 2009
    The truth will out in approximately 2 1/2 weeks when the schedule for Disney on August 23 is posted.

WWinnieF

[30]Jul 25, 2009
    agent_0042 wrote:
    The truth will out in approximately 2 1/2 weeks when the schedule for Disney on August 23 is posted.
    Agreed. But if the go-ahead to air the series doesn't happen, the poster who claimed that it would happen has some explaining to do...XD

agent_0042

[31]Jul 31, 2009
    They could just say they saw it on Wikipedia, which they probably did. Thing is, I've yet to find any other site that says it's coming back, other than pages that are copying Wikipedia's info directly. In other news, Pooh is touring on stage in China. In more news, Pooh returns to book form in the first authorized sequel in more than 80 years.

WWinnieF

[32]Aug 1, 2009
    But would it read like the original Milne and Shepard books? I doubt it, because the author would no doubt modernize the stories.

agent_0042

[33]Aug 1, 2009
    Well, seeing as it's apparently been directly authorized by Milne's family, I wouldn't be so sure about that...

WWinnieF

[34]Aug 7, 2009
    agent_0042 wrote:
    Well, seeing as it's apparently been directly authorized by Milne's family, I wouldn't be so sure about that...
    So? If we're going that route, we could say that The Muppets Wizard of Oz was a good film done in the same vision as the best works of Jim's era when it clearly is--even to the biggest Muppet fan--considered to be a poorly done film for The Muppets to have done. Now, the more recent Letters to Santa special harkened back to the days when the gang just did things for themselves as opposed to trying to be established characters from a literary peice, so many fans adored that, but The Muppets Wizard of Oz[ was just not on par with the previous films put out by that franchise. Who's to say that the next Pooh book would be no different by that aspect?

agent_0042

[35]Aug 11, 2009
    I don't know. Who's to say it will be? All I'm saying is let's wait until it comes out.

Oh, in other news, August 23's schedule has been posted and Dave the Barbarian is still on. Status of the rumor- false.

WWinnieF

[36]Aug 15, 2009
    agent_0042 wrote:
    I don't know. Who's to say it will be? All I'm saying is let's wait until it comes out.
    Will do.

DrakkenWasHere

[37]Nov 3, 2009
    • level: 3

Did I honestly just read so many comments debating over which is the BEST Pooh? Sheesh. Everyone is intitled to their own opinions. Nothing is truly right or wrong. If you don't agree with something, just post your own thoughts and walk away. When it's about what a person likes, you can't really argue with them.

Which brings me to my own opinions on MFTaP, TNAoWtP, and TBoP:

My Friends Tigger and Pooh- Just like everyone else, I tried to stay away from this show. "Eeek! Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?...Er, I mean Christopher Robin?!" But I don't remember why or how it happened, but I finally got myself to sit down and watch it. I was right about not likingt Darby. HOWEVER, everything else about the show is wonderful. Sure, as a cartoonist, I prefer traditional 2-D animation. But after watching an episode or two the CGI kind of grows on you. To be honest, I don't watch too much tv these days. But I'd happily sit down, get away from my work, to watch this show. (And if you do have to listen to the little red-headed demon, I recomend the UK version over the American one. It's a little kinder to my ears.) And just to say CRis in the show. I've seen him in like two episodes or something. Don't really recall.

The Book of Pooh- People actually hated this show? Heh, I kind of liked it. Again, I PREFER the cartoon medium...But puppets are fun too. Want to know my only real problem with the show? Kessie's relationship with Rabbit. I hated the episode of TNAoWtP where they made her an "adult". It was like a slap to my face. Rabbit raised her as family. He was her father, darn it! And to see her almost brush off all the love Rabbit gave her...It was insulting. So then the whole show of TBoP seems to continue with that sort of perspective. Seriously, out of everything...This was my only complaint. And that's only because I'm such a hardcore fan of ol' Long Ears.

The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh- It was simply perfect in everyway. Sure, it produced ONE bad episode during it's whole production...But it was MY show. There are still episodes I actually make tons of references to. It's kind of funny, because I don't realize it until after I say it. If I can really thank any show for turning me into who I am, it's this one. Beautiful voice acting and animation...And I'll admit it, some episodes really made me cry. It was a show for all ages. Heck, even today, I can easily sit down and feel the same emotions as I did as a child. Maybe they're even stronger ones, too. Even in the sillier episodes, I felt as if I learnt something. And best of all, it wasn't noticed until after the episode finished. Heh.

Overall? I think each one just as different elements. To compare is like trying to ask if an orange is yummier than an apple. Everyone will have different opinions. Personally, I like TNAoWtP more than the other two. However, that doesn't mean the others are awful. I just grew up with it, is all. Fonder memories. So to see this show stopped airing makes me lament. It saddens me to know that the children will never be able to feel the same spark that I did.

agent_0042

[38]Nov 9, 2009
    Well, unless their parents buy it for them or show them videos they have. Between the various DVD and VHS releases, almost all of this series is available on video.

WWinnieF

[39]Nov 12, 2009
    agent_0042 wrote:
    Well, unless their parents buy it for them or show them videos they have. Between the various DVD and VHS releases, almost all of this series is available on video.
    The thing is...what's odd is that the series itself is not put together as a series set, but seperated between episodes, so that episodes are special episodes on already "special edition" DVD releases. This means that we may have to buy the same products repeatedly to get the whole series.
    Edited on 11/12/2009 10:08pm