The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

Grown, But Not Forgotten

Aired Saturday 6:00 AM Sep 21, 1991 on ABC

• Pooh, Rabbit, Tigger and Piglet try to act more grown up, fearing that Christopher Robin's developing maturity will soon mean the loss of his friendship.

At the end of this episode, Christopher Robin states that he'll never be too old for Winnie the Pooh and friends. While this is a sweet sentiment, it also feels dishonest and completely at odds with the poignant final chapter of "The House at Pooh Corner," in which Christopher Robin does in fact leave the Hundred Acre Woods because he is growing up. I've never minded the Disneyfication of A.A. Milne's works, but it's like the writers of this show felt they needed to go out of their way to flatly contradict him because that last chapter was too much of a downer.

Okay, considering that I'm an adult who is still a fan of Pooh Bear, I suppose it is entirely possible to keep parts of one's childhood in tact. And if you're a writer for Disney, for instance, then that's another way these characters might remain an important part of your life on into your adulthood. However, imagine if "Toy Story 2" had ended with Andy telling Woody and Buzz that they'll always be as special to him as they are now. Is anybody going to believe that?

That aside, I guess this is a cute episode, though as I watched it, I got the feeling this show had dropped in quality since it began. Still, there are some humorous moments, like Gopher as a baby. This is one of those episodes where I wondered where the other characters were. When Pooh is supposed to invite a girl to their party, why doesn't he go to Kanga? Well, it's not unreasonable to assume Pooh doesn't even see Kanga as a girl. Also, Kanga is probably too sensible to get mixed up in such silliness, which is why she's one of the most underused characters.
  • this is a humorous episode The gang minus Eeyore, Roo, and Owl,are Play a a game of Squishball. yet when it's Piglet turn to use the hocky stick the ball slams into him. he sails around the forest and arrives at Home Plate. Pooh cant decide if Piglet

this is a humorous episode The gang minus Eeyore, Roo, and Owl,are Playing a game of Squishball. yet when it's Piglet turn to use the hocky stick the ball slams into him. he sails around the forest and arrives at Home Plate. Pooh cant decide if Piglet did a doing a hole in one or is out Rabbit and Tigger argue about that the Refree should decide Piglet points out that C. Robin is the Ref and that he's not there When the gang go to find him. they learn that C. Robin has to go to a " Growen Up" party and that he dosent know what to do. he tries to fool his mom watercolor spots hoping to get out of it. Rabbit then learns that C. Robin dosen't know what to do at the party Rabbit then tris to Teach C. Robin manners. they finally exceed. when the gang gets dressed up to go to party. C. Robin informs that they are not invited. sadly they think they have made C. R. grown up and therefore willnot want to play with them. Tigger explans to pooh wghat a Grown up does to Pooh with Tigger Play C. R's Wife "cus Tiggers always do the hard parts" Dream Rabbit is informed that C. R. has a baby (whos is Gopher) the dream ends and the gang with Gopher's help try to become grown ups with a Gopher's Grand Pappys House blue prints. after lots of disasters on Rabbit's part,they finlly build it yet Pooh breaks it when using the door knocker. C. R shows up for thier Grown up party and is amased that the gang wanted him to stay. tell him that he still likes them. Pooh and piglet the girl they found for C. R. and C. R. is going to dance with her. This one of My favorite Episodes